Re: Unable to start "Got your Back" Mission

by dficks

Original Post

Unable to start "Got your Back" Mission

★★★ Newbie

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug unable to play " got your back" mission in edgewood valley. When i try to play it. It pops up a black loading screen and doesn't go any further than that. If i wait a few minutes. It will say i failed the mission and ask if want to restart/quit. Both of these options bring me back the loading screen again.
What car were you using? 180 and corvette z06
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Drift event. Before driving story Twilight technique
Was it a day or a night event? Night Event
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? buying cars and working on the story later
What happens when the bug occurs? endless loading screen. Have to abort game to get out of it.
What do you expect to see? To be able to start/play the mission

Global progression is only 11%.

Message 1 of 7 (3,069 Views)

★★ Novice

I hav exactly same prob.

Message 2 of 7 (3,019 Views)

Story Mission issue

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Every time that I try to continue with the story mission the game won't allow me to keep playing. The screen goes black and eventually I get a message on the screen “Mission failed” retry or quit. When I press retry or quit it happens again. Is frustrating, I can’t continue the game progress because of this issue
What car were you using? Porsche Cayman GTS 18’
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Regular circuit race
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Got your back mission
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen goes black and won’t allow me to fo anything
What do you expect to see? Issue to be solved

KCR

Message 3 of 7 (2,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem on Xbox 1... tried a number of different cars removing all mods but nothing helps to start the mission.

Message 4 of 7 (2,932 Views)

Got Your Back mission still bugged

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Summarize your bug The mission "Got Your Back" is bugged. Once Shaw enters, he takes no damage at all, no matter what car, I use. Also, both him and Ana seems to have been speed up by the game. Everytime I do ram him, even though he takes no damage, He speeds away like it was a movie reel on fast forward.
What car were you using? All of them. I have litterally tried every car available to me at this point in the game. None of them works. And it looks like it's been reported way back in November the first time. There's been at least 1 patch since then, that apparently didn't fix this issue.
What was the last event you played? Some Black market race.
Was it a day or a night event? Night Event
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue how or why this bug is there, but it's there. And it's ruining the game, as it is a story mission, so you cannot continue unless you get this mission done.
What happens when the bug occurs? Shaw takes no damage, no matter how I ram him.
What do you expect to see? I expect him to take damage, as the mission is about taking him out to rescue Ana.

It's amazing, this bug still is there. People thought it was due to using the Mustang and suggested switching, but it wasn't helping. It's with every car!

Message 5 of 7 (3,000 Views)

"Got your back" mission bugged

★ Novice

Hoping someone can help. I am playing NFS Heat on PC via EA play (Xbox gamepass).

My issue is related to the "got your back" mission. I've seen other people talk about issues with this mission, specifically not being able to damage Shaw's car in other threads. I've also seen some mention the race not starting (ie. black screen).

My problem is similar in that I can generally get the race to start, but textures are all buggy. Roads pop in, surrounding trees etc pop in, Nari's (NPC in 1st place) car is invisible. The biggest issue however is the fact that when I get to where the cutscene is supposed to start, the game goes into a loading screen and then perpetually sits in black screen.

I can't get past this no matter what I do. I've tried switching cars, I've tried windowed mode, I've alt-entered to go in and out of fullscreen mode, I've sat at the beginning of the race to see if letting all the textures load first will fix it, I've dialed all my video settings down, and nothing. I can't get past this point at all and it's getting pretty frustrating.

Anyone else have this issue and found a way to fix it? Anyone from EA have a solution for this?

Cheers,

Message 6 of 7 (2,781 Views)

Re: "Got your back" mission bugged

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm not sure why my post was combined with this older one? While the mission is the same, the bug I was describing is different from the one listed.

For whomever combined it... do you have an answer or solution perhaps to the bug? Not feeling hopeful as I see that this thread was started in 2020 and there have been no solutions.

Message 7 of 7 (2,754 Views)