Unable to play for 3-4 months now

by chinchillajones

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to play for 3-4 months now

★ Novice

I haven't been able to play this game for months. I have a 250mb connection from Comcast.

Every time I try and join a server, I get "Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game"

Same thing happens for other EA games like Battlefront 2 also.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (1,272 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to play for 3-4 months now

EA DICE Team

Hey @chinchillajones sorry to hear about the issue you are having with Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2. 

I recommend that you follow our network connection troubleshooting guide. To eliminate that its on your ISP or your home. 

This is the guide I'm talking about: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,252 Views)

All Replies

@chinchillajones wrote:

I haven't been able to play this game for months. I have a 250mb connection from Comcast.

Every time I try and join a server, I get "Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game"

Any help is appreciated.

Are you able to play non-EA games online? At the 3-4 month point I'd continue to troubleshoot like you are but I'd also call my ISP to see if there's something on their end happening.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 7 (1,257 Views)

★ Novice

@ragnarok013wrote:

@chinchillajoneswrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Are you able to play non-EA games online? At the 3-4 month point I'd continue to troubleshoot like you are but I'd also call my ISP to see if there's something on their end happening.

I can play every game I own on steam, and other mmos etc. Only EA games are giving me this problem. it's EA, not my ISP.

Message 3 of 7 (1,251 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @chinchillajones sorry to hear about the issue you are having with Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2. 

I recommend that you follow our network connection troubleshooting guide. To eliminate that its on your ISP or your home. 

This is the guide I'm talking about: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

/Atic 

Message 4 of 7 (1,253 Views)

Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency

★★★ Newbie

I keep facing this problem over and over!

when i try to connect to any server or matchmaking:

"Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game"

i didn't pay for this!!

fix your issues or do something about it

this is really annoying 

i started to hate BF because of this 

not even thinking about getting the new one!

GTX 1060 6GB

8GB RAM

Windows 10

50mbps internet 

Message 5 of 7 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

3-4 months is nothing 

im unable to play to a year+ 

keep getting:

-error code:0

-Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game

-black screen

i contact EA and told them that i allready tried every troubleshooting in the ea.help and ea.answer, they replay a ea.help link for my email :D
i don't think they even try to read my report

Message 6 of 7 (879 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 1, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic

Message 7 of 7 (696 Views)