Re: Unable to play NFS: unbound on my computer or gaming laptop.

by Drod4000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to play NFS: unbound on my computer or gaming laptop.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug On my PC it boots up and then again closes abruptly without warning but that's not before it runs for a few minutes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start up the and let the game run for a few mins
What happens when the bug occurs? the game shuts down.
What do you expect to see? the game running.

Hello, I would like to report an issue with the game since this morning I have been unable to play the newly released need for speed unbound the game would boot up, and then for a few small minutes it would run and then close without warning same thing happened with my CyberPowerPC Tracer 3 VR 300 gaming laptop. The game boots up fine however, the thing would just crash if I hit any key I'm just letting you guys know and I think everybody else here as well saying that the game is extremely buggy and their problems with it either be starting the game or whatever reason I hope you guys fix these problems immediately.

Message 1 of 8 (1,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

Would that be for my gaming laptop or for my custom PC? Anyway, I guess I have to send you both I have labeled them distinctively so you guys could tell which is which so don't worry about that.

Update: Nvidia just released an update(s) for their GPUs today so some of the problems that were GPU-related should be solved now.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,047 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Drod4000  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 8 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

Would that be for my gaming laptop or for my custom PC? Anyway, I guess I have to send you both I have labeled them distinctively so you guys could tell which is which so don't worry about that.

Update: Nvidia just released an update(s) for their GPUs today so some of the problems that were GPU-related should be solved now.

Message 3 of 8 (1,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

Well, thanks that Solves one problem but that still leaves one problem unchecked I still can't play the game on my custom-built PC. The game still shuts down there and I think I know why I already have the CPU that I have is a skylake CPU a 6600K @3.5 GHz GPU is the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB and I still can't play, LP-Ripper24 Says that you 6 core CPU to run the game. I asked for help from the Reddit page PCMR one of their members told me that the minimal Intel core processor is an i5 8700 so in a way the game is heavily on CPU instead of GPU. He even was able to play the game on his AMD ryzen 3 4100 which is a four-core processor so in a way you can still play the game without getting a six-core processor. So, do I have to upgrade my CPU to a seven-generation i5 core processor so I can at least boot the game, or do I need to change everything (including but not limited the motherboard, CPU, etc.)?

Message 4 of 8 (982 Views)

EA DICE Team
It should still start, Frostbite games in general are more depended on CPU powers instead of GPU. @Drod4000,

Long shot would be try a new windows account with admin powers. Make sure nothing gone wrong with the kernel on the current account.

/Atic
Message 5 of 8 (940 Views)

★★ Novice

Already lost an hour for trying to run it and did not play a minute... Frown

Message 6 of 8 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You forgot to put @EA_Ati  if your talking to him.

Message 7 of 8 (891 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I know one thing the kernel is working fine and as you just said frostbite games take a lot more CPU power, more CPU power means more cores which is why LP-Ripper24 said that the recommended requirement for CPU is that you needed at least six cores to run it. Anyway, here's a look at it what the screen looks like I call it the need for speed: unbound black screen of death.

Message 8 of 8 (886 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help