Re: Unable to party with cross platform friends

by Wil5oh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to party with cross platform friends

★★★★★ Newbie

When I try to play with my friends who are PC players while I'm a console can not join since it show them offline while on their end show they show I'm offline. Unsure why this is happening not due to our settings.

Message 1 of 28 (3,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Terrem13

There was an issue last night that was causing problems with cross-play, but it's since been fixed. Are you still running into any problems grouping up with your friends on other platforms? 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 28 (2,974 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Terrem13

There was an issue last night that was causing problems with cross-play, but it's since been fixed. Are you still running into any problems grouping up with your friends on other platforms? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 28 (2,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent My game is somewhat like that but it says they arent even on my friends list and i cant search their username or anything
Message 3 of 28 (2,766 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @DaGamingMasta53

Which platform do you play on? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 28 (2,719 Views)

★ Novice

I am currently experiencing this issue. I can find their account on my PC, however on his XBOX he is unable to receive the friend request, or appear online. 

Message 5 of 28 (2,555 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Wil5oh

Do you know if your friend has cross-play enabled in his Xbox privacy settings? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 28 (2,441 Views)

★ Novice

Yes. He walked me through all his settings while we were in a xbox voice chat. Two days after the problem, I was able to see him on my friends list and it was all as normal. At that time, I was unable to see any of my NON PC friends on the friends list. The following day, I could see the whole list again. What causes this to happen? Neither of us change our settings between games or days. 

Message 7 of 28 (2,431 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Wil5oh

That is definitely weird. It hasn't happened again since then? 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 28 (2,388 Views)

★ Novice

This wasn't the first time this had happened. I have been in the same pregame lobby as two of my friends. Bothers, that live in the same house. One on PC, the other on Xbox new gen. I was in the lobby, and unable to see the xbox players presence online. This has happened, as I have asked the PC brother the add the xbox brother to the lobby as I can not see the other individual online. Comes and goes as it pleases with no changes in settings. 

Message 9 of 28 (2,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My friend on ps5 can join my party and we can talk but it wont let us join the same game, when we ready up it loads for me but it kicks him out when I enter the game and when I join his party he can't see me but I can see him, and we cant talk and his character is always frozen and whenever we press ready he can't see the checkmarks on top of the player level.

Message 10 of 28 (2,168 Views)