Re: Unable to login - we cannot complete this action at this time

by UKflipside

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to login - we cannot complete this action at this time

★★★★ Novice

HI all

Platform - Xbox ONE

This issue is bugging me as online play works for me , the primary ID on the xbox, but neither of my kids can login to their EA accounts. Other EA games work just fine even though with similar or higher age limitations so thats not the issue, Is anyone able to help fix this problem for me , and teh many others that seem to have similar issues ie found whilst trawling the web 

Also before anyone offers the two fixes below, The first is what im having an issue with as to connect accounts you need to login on teh box and I tried the second. However this meant I spent a pointless hour across two advisors. The first kept telling me the information I was giving was wrong and when I supplied screen shots to prove it stopped talking to me and i was connected to a second advisor. This second one then told me the inability to login was due to COPA ( a law that is US only and im in the UK , something I mentioned and was told no its world wide) they then then pointed me to forum posts that had nothing to do with my error and ended the whole mess by blaming Microsoft ,  at that point I politely closed the chat.

Make sure that you connected your account to your gamertag

https://help.ea.com/sv-se/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If you still have a problem, you need to contact an EA Game Advisor.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=star-wars-battlefront&platform=xbox-one&category=mana...

Message 1 of 8 (11,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
Brilliant, thank you.

Yes your summing up of my rant is spot on and Ive PM'd you the details

Look forward to hearing from you

Matt

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (11,615 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @UKflipside

So just to sum up your issue ... You and your kids are playing on Xbox One. You can access multiplayer on your main account, but your kids are unable to log in with their accounts and they have this problem only in SWB2, is that correct?

Also, could you send me your case number from EA Help? I'd like to take a look at the screenshots, which you've attached.

Thank you!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (11,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Brilliant, thank you.

Yes your summing up of my rant is spot on and Ive PM'd you the details

Look forward to hearing from you

Matt
Message 3 of 8 (11,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like some assistance with this same issue if possible.  I am able to login to all EA Games on our Xbox One under my profile (primary Gamertag) but my son is not able to.  This includes Madden 19, Star Wars Battlefront, etc.  Please help!

Message 4 of 8 (11,420 Views)

Champion

@DChambo24- You are the primary owner of the games and must be logged in for the games to load. When your son logs in are you still logged in?

Try setting him up on a family account. settings/account/family settings. Also check privacy & online safety / Content restriction settings. If you have set him up as a child, age restrictions may block the games.  

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem on Battle Front (the first one) is it because I don't have Xbox live?

Message 6 of 8 (8,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

am also having a very similar issue. I use my account on PS5. When my son plays on Xbox it asks if i am the parent to which i say yes and try to login to approve but it says it gives the infuriating - we cannot complete this action at this time.

I am the main account holder on the xbox too with me logged in and switched user to his account. 

Message 7 of 8 (6,362 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF 2, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (6,336 Views)