'Unable to login' on Xbox despite correct login credentials

by anothescreenname

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Unable to login' on Xbox despite correct login credentials

★★★ Newbie

I cannot login on any EA games on my (new) Xbox One using my ea.com account. I've confirmed the username and password are correct. The Xbox interface recognizes the username as correct. If I intentionally supply the wrong password, the system tells me it's the wrong password. If I supply the correct password, I get shown a generic 'unable to login' blurb.

I unshielded the password on the Xbox to be confirm the password was correctly typed.

I started a second, new ea.com account because of this, and it is also unable to login via the Xbox (but logging in via the website is fine). I also tried changing Xbox profiles between myself (an adult) and my son thinking EA was looking at an age restriction set by the console or something.

Message 1 of 14 (1,442 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Unable to login' on Xbox despite correct login credentials

Community Manager

On an underage account, only certain aspects of the game will be playable. In some cases you can alter the permission settings on the Xbox or PS4 account to allow access to the game. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (1,359 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
(And yes, I realize there's an 'r' missing from my username. That's not the issue.)
Message 2 of 14 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Googling around, I read a suggestion that an age restriction might be in place, but one of the disallowed games is Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare II, which is E for Everyone. And yes his Xbox account is enabled for online play.

If I can't work this out, I'll be returning five EA games to the store. I understand they won't accept returns, but at least I can exchange them for unopened copies and resell them.
Message 3 of 14 (1,432 Views)

Community Manager

@anothescreenname Bit of a strange one, have you tried updating the password to see if that will let you log in? 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 14 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

im having a similar issue.

I can log in myself and my youngest son but my other son has the same issue as above.

Same name and password but just get a generic “Can’t login at this time”.

Have been trying for 2 days.

ive checked my Origin account, changed passwords, reset wifi router, power cycled Xbox multiple times, checked child settings (his are set higher than his younger brothers anyway).

No luck...

its dissapointing as its one of the few appropriate 2 player shooter games they can play together. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been pulling my hair out over this problem too. Plants vs zombies GW2 as well. My son can login and play using my gamertag but not with his. Either an "unable to login at this time" message or else an endless loop where you get sent back to the login screen with no explanation after entering your credentials. Why can't they make games like they used to- just pop in a disc and play? Told the boys we won't be buying anymore EA games if they're going to be like this. 

Hey EA:can we get  any help with this?

Message 6 of 14 (1,367 Views)

Community Manager

On an underage account, only certain aspects of the game will be playable. In some cases you can alter the permission settings on the Xbox or PS4 account to allow access to the game. 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 14 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But since GW2 is rated E 10+, it shouldn't cause any issues in our case. And we're not just talking about "certain aspects of the game" we're talking about not being able to login and play AT ALL. 

Why is all this logging in necessary anyways? Why not make it optional for those who want to play online? These kids just want to be able to play at home. 

Message 8 of 14 (1,351 Views)

Community Manager

@Dannick1907 PVZ:GW2 is an always-online game. There is no other way to play it other than when connected to the internet. 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 14 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes i realize that, I just don't understand the need for it to be this way if you're not playing online. Eats up bandwidth for nothing and is surely a problem for anyone living outside large metropolitan areas where high speed is not available! Anyways, you're kind of avoiding the issue here: we ARE connected to the internet, have legit accounts, gamertag etc, and my son STILL CAN'T PLAY.

Message 10 of 14 (1,339 Views)