Unable to log in to EA Account on Xbox One

by FlameBV

Original Post

Unable to log in to EA Account on Xbox One

★★ Novice

When I opened Apex Legends on my Xbox One for the first time, it prompted me to create a new EA Account using an old email address I no longer have access to. There's no prompt to change the email/ID that I'm logging in with; if I go back, it logs me out of Xbox Live, and once I go into Xbox Live, it returns to this menu.

I've never played an EA game on my Xbox Live account before, but I do have a pre-existing EA Account from Origin. I looked at my Microsoft account and confirmed the primary email on it was the same email as on my EA account. However, I also noticed that the old email address was listed as a secondary email on my Microsoft account. I deleted it from there, but still, Apex Legends won't update and let me log in with my own EA account.

I don't know if there's any solution. I haven't went ahead and made another EA account with my old email address, because I'll be unable to verify it. Maybe if I get onto another EA game and connect my gamertag to my pre-existing EA account, Apex Legends might start working again, but who knows?

Alternatively, could the Apex Legends developers please include a way to choose which EA account you log into when you first launch the game, especially if there isn't already an EA account attached to your gamertag? Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Message 1 of 5 (3,272 Views)

Re: Unable to log in to EA Account on Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, same thing happened to me, but it for some reason works on a different account, and when I spent money on the game, all the stuff went to the other account that I can’t play on anyways, so if there was some way to change what ea account was on that account, I wouldn’t be having this problem... great game, but ea and Microsoft are very bad about micro transactions and logging in. Plz someone tell me how to fix this problem

Message 2 of 5 (3,209 Views)

★★ Novice

Still having this issue, still unable to play the game, and seems I am not alone. The solution is simple: allow users to enter in their own EA account email address and password.

Message 3 of 5 (3,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Went to play apex this morning on my xbox and got "this account is invalid" so i followed as they said and went to the help page. Tried to log in with my xbox account and got the message i screenshotted, so i logged out of microsoft and logged in with the exact same email and password and it worked... went to "my account" to see if my xbox account was linked, it was not. Not sure as of what i am to do at this point, stressing out because ive lost all heirlooms and all the time wasted.

Message 4 of 5 (2,607 Views)

EA DICE Team
Message 5 of 5 (2,568 Views)