Re: Unable to locate Apex

by PhatChris509

Original Post

Unable to locate Apex

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having trouble getting into Apex. I have the game installed in  my x86 folder on my C drive and it used to work i have 67 hours of time, I uninstalled it because i was getting bored then with the new season i reinstalled it and now it says it cant locate it. Ive tried uninstalling origin and apex and reinstalling twice now i tried moving it to the regular program folder is it worth it to uninstall and reinstall into the not x86 folder? will it work in the other folder?

Message 1 of 6 (838 Views)

Community Manager

Do you still need help reinstalling the game, @PhatChris509?

If you open up your Origin client and select Application Settings there is a tab for Installs and Saves. Does the destination match where you installed it?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (813 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was actually able to install both the origin launcher and Apex itself in my 64bit folder and it worked for the most part. However now I am experiencing a pretty intense crashing problem

Message 3 of 6 (805 Views)

Community Manager

@PhatChris509 

Any specific error messages at all? Do you have Sleep Mode currently enabled on your PC and do you run any overlays?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't have sleep mode on but so run my Nvidia overlay for my FPS

Message 5 of 6 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PhatChris509 

Hey, if you want to try Apex Legends without any overlays enabled and without losing the ability to see an FPS counter:

• Open the Origin client.
  • Click the “Origin” option on top the top of the client.
  • Click on “Application Settings” and a new window should open.
  • Once open, click the More option and select “Origin In Game” which will open another menu.
  • Scroll down and you’ll find a new section called “During Gameplay”
    • There should be an option to display an FPS counter in-game and you can choose where it goes.
    • Select the option you want and an FPS section will appear on all games you use in the future on Origin, including Apex Legends.
Message 6 of 6 (789 Views)