Unable to link account to Facebook

by sims929292

Original Post

Unable to link account to Facebook

★★ Apprentice

Hello. I’m trying to link my account to facebook for the very first time, but it’s not letting me. When I click the link button, it takes me to an all white screen. Sometimes it slowly loads the facebook log in screen page, but when I click the button to sign in, nothing happens. And then, it says that a problem occurred with the webpage so it needs to reload. Then it reloads the page over and over and over. Sometimes it even tells me that “Safari cannot open the page. The operation couldn’t be completed. Operation cancelled.” I’ve been trying to log in for several days straight but the problem persists. What is going on here? How can I finally log into facebook? I’m using an iPad. Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 4 (599 Views)

Re: Unable to link account to Facebook

Community Manager

@sims929292 Hey, can you try reinstalling the Facebook app? Sometimes how both apps integrate can go a bit weird and clearing out that app might help. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (578 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't have the Facebook app on my iPad. Once the Facebook log in screen finally pops up, I'm trying to log in by using the "log in by using email/password" button rather than the "sign in using facebook app" button. But when I tap the button it won't do anything. I just now tried to link it again, and this time the entire app crashed.

Message 3 of 4 (562 Views)

Community Manager

@sims929292 Thank you for clarifying. Would you be able to try temporarily installing the app as a test?

I was just able to link on a new account on a device that didn't have the FB app, but I only have android devices to test on, perhaps the issue is ios-exclusive. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (554 Views)