Re: Unable to launch Apex Legends

by Shade_Guye

Original Post

Unable to launch Apex Legends

★★★ Apprentice

I've decided to give Apex another shot as I've finally got a decent rig for games, and well the game fails to launch, I get an instant "Game has stopped working" once the anticheat load is complete. When expanding the error message, there's this information: 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: R5Apex.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5de73ec3
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.16502
Fault Module Timestamp: 52c359e8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000069d90
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: bf2e
Additional Information 2: bf2ece5a3ac81aa3da4e74aea3f8b635
Additional Information 3: 1f72
Additional Information 4: 1f7285fe6ac18bc04abc9e4ca58c1c81

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-GB\erofflps.txt

I also have Windows 8.1 and saw that there was a link to some specific windows updates, but the official download links are busted.

Message 1 of 6 (479 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm currently continuously updating windows (as updates become available only after other updates have been installed), so I'll let you all know whether that fixes it by the end or not. Shame there's no more official direct download links for the two potential fix update, though.

Message 2 of 6 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you found the solution yet? I am facing the same issue.

Message 3 of 6 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It does depend on what operating system you are on. If you're on Windows 8 then updating your windows very likely should do the trick (you will have to do it over and over, as updates unlock other updates - they're hierarchically mandatory in the Windows Update program.) There used to be download links for specific windows updates that do fix this problem, but the official Microsoft download links are dead, those which I could find at the time.

If that doesn't work, then hopefully some tricks that are around the forums regarding this issue could help, like switching languages to Polish and then back, reinstalling the game and Origin (I don't see why this would ever work though, so verifying game files should work just fine) or installing Origin using a "thick" installer (as the official one is defaulted to slim), updating your drivers and maybe a few others.

Message 4 of 6 (380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks bro, updating windows worked for me Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (353 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happy to hear it helped :>

Message 6 of 6 (338 Views)