Unable to join party with PS4 user from PC

by c0untdantes

Original Post

Unable to join party with PS4 user from PC

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've been having this issue for a few weeks now and have tried every "solution" I've been able to find on the forums here and elsewhere online.

I have a PSN account and an Origin (PC) account and would like to play in a squad with my son with him playing on PS4 and me on PC.

- However, any time we are logged in, we can't link up. I see him as Offline and he sees me as Offline.

- I can search for him and successfully send a friend request, but it never shows up for him and vice versa.

- I am the family manager on our PS4, and he uses a sub account on the console, but with his own email address and no restrictions currently in place.

- He also has an Origin account for when he plays on PC.

- Both of his accounts use the same email address.

- I've tried linking his PSN to his EA account, but I keep getting a message saying that "Unfortunately, account is ineligible to be linked" for some reason.

- I have tried logging him out on both console and website, then back in/out etc, with every combination possible. (I've read that just by logging in on console [tried with a browser open and him logged in while opening and logging in to console Apex application] with the same email address as his EA/Origin account is under it should link the accounts, but that has never worked out.

- This includes one suggestion from a similar post where I deleted the saved game data from console and tried logging in again, but same results.

- We are playing on the same network if that might be an issue. I do have a VPN that I can use to try and circumvent that issue if it is possibly a factor.

- We are able to party up in this manner on other games.

- I was using the Tech Preview version of the Origin client on PC, but have since reverted back to the full release as a means of testing that as an issue. So, my Origin client is back to regular full version, no beta/preview versions are being used.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. If further information is required, please just let me know and I'll provide asap. Thank you to anyone who is able to lend any assistance!

Best Regards,

Jarred

Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: Unable to join party with PS4 user from PC

EA DICE Team
Hey @c0untdantes, thanks for all the details! The accounts cant be underage for it to work.

/Atic
Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)