Unable to hear other players using cross platform

by fzyouuglyaf

Original Post

Unable to hear other players using cross platform

★★★ Newbie

On need for speed the heat I've had players in the party who can hear each other and players who cannot 

using the cross play feature on "on" it will not allow me to hear others 

Message 1 of 12 (35,893 Views)

Re: Unable to hear other players using cross platform

Community Manager

Hi, we moved your post to the technical issues section. Just to be clear, was this proximity chat that didn't work?

Were you testing/playing with friends or random folks? Also, can I check your platform and the platform(s) of those who were having this issue?

Finally, do you know if this happened consistently between players? Was it the case that if someone could not hear you, you never heard them, or could folks sometimes hear someone who didn't hear them? 
I know this last one might be tricky to verify, but any info at all may help. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (35,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was also experiencing the same issue. I was playing with a friend on his PS4. I was playing on PC via origin. His name kept popping up like his mic was active but I couldn't hear anything. He also could not hear anything I was saying. 

Message 3 of 12 (35,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had the same problem today. I was playing on PS4 and my brother was on Xbox. He could see that my mic was active but could not hear me. I couldn't even see his mic status when he would talk. We had each other on the phone and verified that all of our settings matched but we couldn't talk in game for the whole day. We also had an issue of not being able to join the same crew. We were able to create a party and play together though.

Message 4 of 12 (35,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

was this problem ever resolved ? currently experiencing the same thing 

Message 5 of 12 (35,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue. Any idea on how to fix?

Message 6 of 12 (35,513 Views)

Community Manager

Apologies for not coming back to this thread before, I must have messed something up with my notifications. 

Cross-platform VoIP unfortunately isn't supported, only folks on the same platform can use it. There's some more details on the cross-platform limitations here: https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/nfs-heat-cross-play/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 12 (35,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David 

The link you provided mentions nothing about voice chat not working cross platform. Are you sure this is not just a bug that was missed in testing?

Message 8 of 12 (17,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David This is happening for me rn too I’m trying to play with randoms and it says they are specking for the whole time but I can’t hear them please help!
Message 9 of 12 (17,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is incorrect. It works when it wants to. While playing with friends some of us can hear each other some can't. Last night I play with my friend he is on Xbox & im on PC chat worked fine. Next morning same friend chat not working now. This has been the same for some of my friends I play with via PC and PS4.

Message 10 of 12 (8,651 Views)