Re: Unable to find any matches

by zWolfishGrin

Original Post

★ Novice

I’m Brazilian and I play on a PS4 and also on Origin PC. Both present the same issue where I can’t find any multiplayer match. It also started after the mandalorian patch. 
It really made the game unplayable as it’s a competitive multiplayer game basically.

Message 21 of 44 (710 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SigilFey I think that the squad leader is the one who counts.

I was playing yesterday with a guy from US. While I was the squad leader, we couldn’t find any matches.

I told him my theory and from the moment I gave him the lead, it took about 30 seconds to find matches.
Message 22 of 44 (698 Views)

★ Apprentice

And by the way, I live in the state of São Paulo in Brazil, in the southeastern region of the country.

But friends who live in states in the Northeast, closer to the northern hemisphere (and the east coast of the United States), found games without problems, which reinforces the theory.

Message 23 of 44 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Playing from Argentina. I've made a post on SWS reddit and several people from Uruguay, Chile, Brasil and Autralia has reported having the same issue.

I am MP only player, please fix this ASAP and let us play the game we have paid for!

Message 24 of 44 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@WedgeAntillesBR 

Yup.  We tried that.  I'm in North Carolina, and we had a couple other people try to host.  One from the Midwest, and one guy in Vancouver, Canada.  We tried just promoting leaders as well as completely disbanding the squads and reforming them.  No go, in any situation.

The only thing that prevented us from playing was having either Brazilian in our squad. 

The strange thing was that they would connect to the lobby without incident.  We could hear them perfectly clearly in the lobby...so the *are* connecting to the servers...but it simply wouldn't allow for matchmaking.

To me, this smells like a bug in the net code somewhere.

Message 25 of 44 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sorry for spamming a couple of threads, but seems EA not aware of this.

For last two Football days since the Mandolorian Supply Drop update (1.3), I CANNOT find any games online, using any online game type: Quick Match; Dogfight; or Fleet Battles. Times out after 10 minutes searching with Error code: 1,066 message. Thanks for screwing that up EA. Frustrating beyond belief that adequate tests where obviously not done before rollout. I have zero issues with any other online game: Marvel’s Avengers, Red Dead Redemption II, GTA5, etc, so it is very obvious that it is an EA problem and not any internet or PSN issue. I also had zero issues before 1.3 update. Fix it PLEASE!!!

In Australia, using PS4...and so bloody annoyed.

Message 26 of 44 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tested again And is not working yet. Come on EA, get moving!

Message 27 of 44 (629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It will be a 3 days holiday here in Brazil (well, weekend + 1 day), and we won't be playing Squadrons online, NICE MOVE! Thumbs up

Its really sad, I believe that ppl involved in this game development are really passionate about their work, delivering this nice experience with this limited scope and budget. But things like "the game is online centered, but alas, you can't play online" kinda wears you down right? Ill be waiting for a fix, hope it wont take long.

Message 28 of 44 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Day 3: Still no fix, still can’t get any matches, times out with Error 1,066 message, still think EA developers are muppets. Any chance this will get fixed ever? Put it back the way it was so we can play! See attached screenshots: Whatever “tweaking” was done fracked it completely, so fracking undo it...AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH. ANNOYED BEYOND COMPREHENSION!

Message 29 of 44 (538 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@zWolfishGrin Seems that you like Battlestar galatica. Standard smile
Message 30 of 44 (532 Views)