Unable to download latest update (1.80) on PS4

by ManOfMayhem8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to download latest update (1.80) on PS4

★ Novice

The latest update for Apex Legends will download, copy, but then when it goes to install it gives the data corrupted message and says it can't download. I have at this point changed DNS servers, deleted the entire game, and even reinitialized my PS4 and to no avail. Same message every time. I'm at my wits end not being able to play my favorite game. This issue has never come up with this game and I have been playing since day 5 of the release. Open to any and all suggestions. Also note that I have had ten other game download and update with no problems while this has been going on so I know my connection and PS4 are highly unlikely to hold the blame for this issue. Help please

Message 1 of 10 (1,695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to download latest update (1.80) on PS4

Community Manager

@ManOfMayhem8 

Got it, thanks!

I saw that you mentioned you had already tried changing DNS servers, but did you also try setting a static IP for your PS4? If not, can we give that a shot to see if it helps? 

The Port Forward website has some instructions on how you can set a static IP address. If you're able to give that a try, please let me know if you're still running into the same error message afterward. 

Thanks again! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,575 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ManOfMayhem8

Just to confirm, there aren't any other downloads running at the same time? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,665 Views)

★ Novice

Negative. First first three times I tried downloading it was the only download. After I reinitialized my PS4 I tried again and it didn't work. The second time around I tried updating other games just to see if they would and sure enough every other game will update and play like normal.

Message 3 of 10 (1,651 Views)

Community Manager

@ManOfMayhem8 

Got it, thanks!

Do you have Apex Legends installed on an external hard drive, or is it saved to the drive that's built into your PS4? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,642 Views)

★ Novice

It was on an external hard drive. Tried to download on both the external and the original system hard drive since the problem started. Both have yielded the same results

Message 5 of 10 (1,639 Views)

Community Manager

@ManOfMayhem8 

Are you getting a particular error code? If so, what is the error code you've been seeing? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,607 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I get CE-36244-9 as much error code each time. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,599 Views)

Community Manager

@ManOfMayhem8 

Got it, thanks!

I saw that you mentioned you had already tried changing DNS servers, but did you also try setting a static IP for your PS4? If not, can we give that a shot to see if it helps? 

The Port Forward website has some instructions on how you can set a static IP address. If you're able to give that a try, please let me know if you're still running into the same error message afterward. 

Thanks again! 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,576 Views)

★ Novice

I apologize for my late reply but it has been a busy month. I'm sure by my absence of reply though that you could only assume that it worked, which it did and I am very thankful for it. Keep up the good work EA_Kent.

Message 9 of 10 (1,530 Views)

Community Manager

@ManOfMayhem8 

No worries! I know how life goes. I appreciate you taking the time to follow up and let me know that it helped. Thumbs up

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,427 Views)