Unable to connect to online services

by limpingdragon1

Original Post

Unable to connect to online services

★★★ Newbie

I'm on Playstation 5 in North Queensland Australia. I own the digital version of Battlefield 2042. I love the game when it's working it's great fun and I enjoy playing it but there has been so many problems since day 1. I pre-ordered the game and have been hoping and praying since day 1 that things will get better. I became so frustrated with the game and all the problems that I had a break for a while and played again in March after the update that was supposed to fix a lot of things which I personally think was a big failure. I think I was able to play 3 games in which of course my load outs and customisations  reverted back to default as usual, and then ever since have been unable to even connect to the battlefield server again. So I took another break for a couple of weeks,  for the last 7 days the game still will not launch keeps saying unable to load persistent data and returns me to the start screen. I have performed all the recommended troubleshooting tasks, all my accounts network and internet connection are fine and work with every other game i own.  I'm starting to feel really angry that I have wasted $160 AU dollars on Battlefield 2042 and I'm very frustrated and feel like I'm completely out of options, can anyone help ? 

Message 1 of 5 (392 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to online services

★★★ Newbie

OOk so about 10 mins after i posted this i finally got connected to the server, now ive been sitting on the couch getting cycled through match making constantly and not connecting to any games. Absolutely wasting my time. NOT fun, not enjoyable when i get home from working nightshift. I want to play some games and have some fun when I get home from work. Not sit on the couch staring at Battlefield 2042 screen becoming more angry and frustrated because the damned things still not working....... 

Message 2 of 5 (370 Views)

★ Guide
@limpingdragon1 Delete this game from your memory and move onto a better one.
Message 3 of 5 (359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea im happy to do that bro but not happy to lose my $160 and all the time wasted on BF42, I could have spent my money on platinum in warframe... 

Message 4 of 5 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@limpingdragon1 Match making is completely broken. Majority of players are dealing with this. They have yet to say anything about nor do they care to. There is plenty of posts here where players are having issues. Best of luck.
Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help