Re: Unable to connect to EA Servers BF1 PS4

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Unable to connect to EA Servers BF1 PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Since the new update today 20th Feb 2018 I am unable to connect to the ea servers on PS4. It says I am offline and can only play campaign.

I have tried all the steps that EA Help have asked of me on Twitter and have been asked by them to post this here so it can be looked into further.

Restarting PS4, router, restoring liscenses, checking ports, checking account validity etc all completed as asked by ea help but still not working.

EDIT 25/02/2018:

UPDATE FOR THE DEVS: it would appear this issue may have something to do with a connection between EA/DICE and my ISP ( Airtel-Vodafone Jersey).

My ISP have confirmed to me that no issue lies their end and they have not restricted access to EA Games or anything like that.

However, if I use my mobile phone as a hotspot because it is a different provider to my WiFi I able to successfully connect to multiplayer games. Unfortunately I cannot continue with this route as I’m a Pay as You Go customer for my phone.

Therefore I believe that EA or Dice have some issue with my isp, can this be confirmed and rectified please?

EDIT 26/02/2018: The new update today has NOT fixed this issue, it is still on-going.
Message 1 of 12 (2,976 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MeerkatsLord,

Just checking up.

Has this issue been resolved for you?

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice
No this has not been fixed as yet. I had an update message from EA Help on Twitter lastnight saying thst the DICE Team are currently looking into this problem and they hopefully will have a fix ASAP.

Until then I’ll just have to sit and wait.
Message 3 of 12 (2,932 Views)

★★★ Novice
Just wondered if any DICE Devs had any news on this issue of mine?

Have spoken to my ISP just to make sure the problem isn’t with them and they confirm it’s all good their side.

Two days of twiddling my thumbs is giving me battlefield 1 withdrawals.
Message 4 of 12 (2,866 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MeerkatsLord,

Sorry to hear you're still having connection issues.

As far as getting into the game goes, there shouldn't be any problems. You should be able to login, and find matches.

However, there is performance/stuttering issues at the moment that came with the Apocalypse DLC, and it is a known issue and is being resolved as we speak.

I see you've done a power cycle on your PS4, Router, etc.

None of this has worked for you? 

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
No none of that has worked, EA Help have said that DICE Devs are looking into this issue for me as it simply says I am offline and can only play campaign mode since I downloaded the update on Tuesday afternoon.

I have a feeling though that it will not get resolved until after all the ongoing issues with stuttering etc are fixed. It’s just frustrating when I only have 2 games to play on my PS4 and battlefield (being 1 of them) is now completely broken for me.
Message 6 of 12 (2,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same for me on Xbox One. My multiplayer menu tab says "Missing Multiplayer Privileges". None of the power cycle ir reset alternate mac address has fixed the problem
Message 7 of 12 (2,854 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @carcin0genic27,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you made sure that your Xbox Live Gold subscription is up to date, and that you have the correct Origin Account linked to your Battlefield 1 Profile?

Also, try some of these Connection Steps for Xbox:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Thank you Standard smile 

★★★ Novice
UPDATE FOR THE DEVS: it would appear this issue may have something to do with a connection between EA/DICE and my ISP ( Airtel-Vodafone Jersey).

My ISP have confirmed to me that no issue lies their end and they have not restricted access to EA Games or anything like that.

However, if I use my mobile phone as a hotspot because it is a different provider to my WiFi I able to successfully connect to multiplayer games. Unfortunately I cannot continue with this route as I’m a Pay as You Go customer for my phone.

Therefore I believe that EA or Dice have some issue with my isp, can this be confirmed and rectified please?
Message 9 of 12 (2,801 Views)

★★★ Novice
Update: it turns out some of my friends now cannot access any of their EA games online.

We each have different 4G routers with different providers so this is not just an issue with BF1 anymore it seems to be a wider EA issue.

Has something now changed that is blocking 4G routers? We are all living in Jersey Channel Islands (UK).
Message 10 of 12 (2,742 Views)