Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address

by JamesWinstanley

Original Post

Re: Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Slickbobi

All depends on what you have tried so far. There is a lot of stuff you can try yourself before getting to my state of desperation.

The obvious question is have you tried validating your email address using the in-game popup? Is it the case that you don't receive a validation email?

First try the easy stuff such as clearing browser cache, then trying this link (https://account.swtor.com/user/validate/initiate) on multiple browsers on multiple devices.

If that doesn't work, what happens when you try changing your email address associated with your SWTOR account? You should see a green confirmation to say "A confirmation email will be sent to the address you've entered shortly."

This is the message I DO NOT receive when trying to update my email address.

Email changed.png

Message 31 of 44 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

@JamesWinstanley Thanks for the quick reply. True, I didn't clear my cache... But everything else you mention, I have tried. And I have used the in-game popup and have not received any emails. I tried to do it directly using the link in the pop-up, which takes you to the profile section where you have to change your preferred email. Didn't work. I tried it on Chrome and MS Edge, same thing. 

Regarding the picture, I can't exactly remember, but I am pretty sure I just get the message "Your account has been updated". Haven't received any emails. I will try by clearing my cache an then I will see. But honestly, I don't think clearing my cache will help in this matter. Maybe I am wrong...

Sorry, I should have written all I did before commenting on your post...

Message 32 of 44 (1,083 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Slickbobi No worries.
For me, the biggest indicator of there being a real problem is when trying to change the email address in our profiles, we don't get the "A confirmation email will be sent..." message after we press save. On my free to play account I can change the email address without issue.
Message 33 of 44 (1,077 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a free to play account... My issue is with that one... Standard smile

Message 34 of 44 (1,067 Views)

★★ Novice

@JamesWinstanley Is there any way to contact EA support directly? 

@proxos666 Hello, I see you have some info... Are you in contact with the EA support?

Message 35 of 44 (1,064 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Slickbobi Unfortunately the only way of contacting EA is via Twitter and I've just been told by one of their people that this is out of their scope. I've also found SWTOR support non-existent so far.
Message 36 of 44 (1,047 Views)

@Slickbobi 

The common fix for this is to use an email never used on any EA / Origin or swtor account has that been tried ? 

also it helps to have the swtor username of the account

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 37 of 44 (1,013 Views)

★★ Novice
@JamesWinstanley Thanks for your help and time. I guess we are on our own, then...
Message 38 of 44 (961 Views)

★★ Novice

@JamesWinstanley @proxos666 I have just succeeded in verifying my email address. I don't know what I did differently, since yesterday that didn't work. Although, I am on a different computer now. IDK if that has any difference, but I succeeded. Thanks a lot for your help. When I come home, I will see if the changes made any difference and I will let you know. 

Message 39 of 44 (951 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Slickbobi No worries. Have fun!
Message 40 of 44 (943 Views)