Re: Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address

by JamesWinstanley

Original Post

Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address

★ Apprentice

I don't know where else to go after five days of not receiving any help. Nobody is willing to help me resolve the issues I'm having . Customer support just send the same templated response then immediately close my tickets.

Issue One
So, I can't play any toon past level 20 because you need to validate your email address. In most cases, no problem, validate your email address and continue playing. For some reason email validation does not work for my account. If I enter my email address into the in-game validation popup, it does not send an email to me.

So I go here to start the process manually (https://account.swtor.com/user/validate/initiate). I enter my email address and I receive the validation email. I click the link in the email and fill out my details on the subsequent page, press submit and I get the red box telling me that validation has failed.

Advice from the support articles I've read online recommend a few actions to solve this, of which I have tried them all. One of them being to change my email address associated with my account; use an email address that has never been used by either SWTOR or EA Games.

Issue Two
Changing your email address on your SWTOR account page is easy enough. Go to your basic information tab of your account (https://account.swtor.com/user/info), type in your new email address, and press save. This does not work for me. When I press save I get the green box to say my changes were successful, but my email address does not change.

In Closing
I've followed all the standard advice and fixes. I've tried going through the process in-game on my laptop and pc. I've tried validating and changing my email address on my laptop, pc, and phone. I've tried using different browsers; Chrome, Edge, Firefox. It seems clear to me that the issue is not local to me, but an issue on SWTOR's end with my account.

I had hoped subscribing would mean I could bypass having to validate my email address. After all, I've been receiving emails related to my SWTOR account no problem, I've changed my password twice, no problem. But now I'm just stuck with a game I've paid for, but unable to play.

I am now desperate for somebody to start caring about my issue and to help me resolve it.

Message 1 of 44 (1,547 Views)

@JamesWinstanley 

If you happen to be using a you@gmail.com try using you@googlemail.com , that will be seen as a different email address yet is the same address for gmail

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 44 (1,463 Views)

★ Apprentice
@proxos666 The email address associated with SWTOR ends with @yahoo.co.uk. Supposedly, our SWTOR and EA Games accounts are linked by using the same email address for both accounts. Mine is not linked.

My main EA/Origin account did have my @yahoo.co.uk email address associated with it (same email as SWTOR). Reading online about the account linking stuff, in theory my Origin and SWTOR accounts should be linked because they use the same email address, correct? This should mean that if I change the email address of my Origin account, the changes should propagate to my SWTOR account. This did not happen. I changed my EA Games email address to @gmail.com, SWTOR did not change.
Message 3 of 44 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JamesWinstanley 

EA account changes no longer auto change on swtor accounts they are no longer linked for emails etc

change swtor to use you@googlemail.com for that gmail address

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 44 (1,450 Views)

★ Apprentice
@proxos666 Awesome, so their support articles are also out of date as well. Seems like everything is trying to hinder me in resolving the issue. Sorry, I'm just feeling done in and helpless at this point.
Message 5 of 44 (1,445 Views)

@JamesWinstanley 

Hope that helps resolve it now

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 44 (1,415 Views)

★ Apprentice
@proxos666 Unfortunately not, but thank you for trying.
Message 7 of 44 (1,404 Views)

@JamesWinstanley 

entering you@googlemail.com should resolve it , as that will be seen as an email not used on any swtor or ea/origin account 

have you tried a different web browser if your having issue entering the email on swtor side

already discussed your post with Swtor CS

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 44 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@proxos666I have just tried again.
I went to https://account.swtor.com/user/info
Changed my email to [me]@googlemail.com
Pressed save
Got the green success message
Nothing changed, email is still [me]@yahoo.co.uk

(I tried using Firefox on my pc, and Chrome on my laptop)

Message 9 of 44 (1,386 Views)

@JamesWinstanley 

have you checked that gmail mail box for a email to confirm the change 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 10 of 44 (1,371 Views)