Re: Dead Space sprint/melee issue

by Balkerz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

To everyone else having this issue, I figured out how to clear the controller key-bindings as @EA_Kent mentioned earlier in the thread. I've tested and confirmed this does resolve the following issues:

• Cannot Sprint (default [SHIFT])
  • Cannot Melee (default [F])
  • Weapon shoots when exiting menu screens ([ESC] or [TAB])

1) Press [ESC] key to open the game menu

2) Navigate to "Settings > Controls > Control Customization"

3) Mouseover OR use the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys to highlight the FIRST column (out of 3) in each row.

4) When the column is highlighted, press [T'] on the keyboard and you will see the previous value change to '--'. Do this for each row that it will allow you to clear. Not all rows can be cleared (for whatever reason).

5) Press the [ESC] key and then [ENTER] to accept changes OR click "ESC Exit" and then "Save Changes"

6) Press [ESC] OR Click "ESC Exit" to exit out of the menu. 

Message 21 of 37 (2,634 Views)

Re: how is this possible

Community Manager

Hi @Balkerz @2042suxsh1t,

Regarding the 'fake' controller feeling, rebinding/clearing the in-game controller bindings should indeed resolve this:

You have to go into the Controls/Keybinds settings (in-game) and "Clear" every single Controller Button mapped in the Controls options. You press T to clear an action, so just make sure you clear the Controller Buttons and nothing else. Some of the buttons mapped can't be cleared, but clear every single one that you can and the weird feeling should go away.

Could you give this a try?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 22 of 37 (7,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kent, @EA_Leeuw, I've tried to clear the K+M bindings in order to make my controller work in the game as @The_Doctor46N7 suggest but didn't work.

I think the reason is that you cant completelly unbind the k+m button mapping. I mean, you cant lear some assings.
And if you clear as much as the game let you and save the configuration, when you reenter in the button mapping screen again the game has autocompleted a couple of K+M bindings.

So I'm afraid I can't play the controller until that bug is fixed, which is a shame because my mouse click stopped working properly recently.

Message 23 of 37 (2,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I've tried that and other things but nothing works, no sprint at all.

Please escalate this so hopefully a fix is produced by the devs as atm the game is unplayable.

Message 24 of 37 (2,438 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Leeuw This worked for me. Thank you
Message 25 of 37 (2,419 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Leeuw CELA NE FONCTIONNE PAS
Message 26 of 37 (2,401 Views)

Re: Unable to Sprint/Run or Aim - PC

★★★ Newbie

Hy,

My problem was, that i could not use stomp, sprint and melee, because i was stuck in aim mode. First i tried removing game-pad keys, but when returning 1 page back, the key bindings return. So i thought that something is not compatible with my gear. I am using Razer orbweaver chroma, Logitech G915 and mouse G502 Lightspeed. After unplugging my Razer orbweaver chroma, the game started to work normal, so i fixed my issue. It seems that EA doesn't like RAZER gear. So if you have similar problem or problems, try first unplugging RAZER (or other brand) gear and try again. Usually we have to much peripherals connected in our computer. I hope i helped at least someone.

Good luck and have fun.

Message 27 of 37 (2,381 Views)

Community Manager
@feory626, no bother, happy to help!
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 28 of 37 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@e0f712758a944109 Yep, that's worked fir ne too. Unplugged my Tartarus and all good...plug back in all bad !
Message 29 of 37 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On STEAM The Dead Space 2023 Remake Sprint movement mechanic is broken. This renders the centrifuge run impossible to complete. Isaac runs so slow the rotating boom kills him every time even if you leave cover directly after the boom passes and you engage max-sprint. I've reloaded the game. I have optimized all Windows Permissions, I have updated the fire wall, I have cleared the keyboard mappings, I have tried reverting to defaults, I have removed the steam controller map. I have updated my graphics card drivers.

I have a Ryzen 9 5900X running with 32 GB RAM. The game is on an SONY SSD NAND Drive tied directly into the motherboard. I have no other programs running in the background.  No other games have these slowness and unable to sprint issues. My Mass Effect sprint works without issue. This game is buggy and the unable to sprint breaks the game. Will you at EA be fixing this and if so when. I am unable to complete Dead Space 2023 until you fix Isaac's sprint because you can't be the Centrifuge Sprint Challenge without a working sprint mechanic. How could the game release without this vital game breaking bottleneck being double check, triple checked and resolved!

Message 30 of 37 (2,023 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help