Re: Unable to Retrieve Patch Data. (308)

by XRaiderV17

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Found a solution i just Downloaded http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityP1.8.2.exe this from XisscVekno and just ran it in the downloads folder where it created new separate files that finally downloaded the patch and all and i am in the game running the next chapter with double xp and all

Message 51 of 61 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same exact problem, my connection is fine but it keeps giving same error message every time I try to patch...

@RelativeMadness wrote:

Game worked perfectly night before patch 4.4, as expected.  However when I went to log on the next  morning to download the patch, got the error message:

"Unable to retrieve patch data.  Please check network connection. (308)"

I've seen similar threads about this, most everyone is posting their logs and others are offering possible fixes, but I cannot remember exactly how to do either.  Last time I had to do something like this was probably for patch 3.0-ish.  Somewhere around there.  I did run the fix launcher.  It completed.  Nothing happened, so I closed it.  Reopened, the game started downloading normally, I left for 15 minutes, came back and I had the error message again.

Help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm more than willing to post any more data you need so as long as I can find it.  Like I said, I can't remember how to get these activity logs everyone is posting in regards to their own issues.

Please don't refer me to another thread.

Thanks

Message 52 of 61 (1,033 Views)

★★ Apprentice

still not working. I'm done for the night. will try again tomorrow.

Message 53 of 61 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So the Solution is 'We are Working on It."

I suppose 'just wait longer' is my plan for this problem. Not sure I trust a link to a *.exe file listed above... anyone brave enough to try it?

Message 54 of 61 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Apparently the fix timing or having it work is fairly random. I ran into it 5-6 times before I posted above - then I rebooted my system and tried it one more time.

and it worked. Now logged in, I just figured I'd alt-tab over and report in.

Did the reboot fix it? doubt it. too many have tried it and not had that work. I believe it's random to get in, or they finally actually found a fix and rolled it out.

Message 55 of 61 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Currently downloading "Main Assets 236".

Brute force repetition & patience was all that did this.

F* you, EA/BioWare.

Message 56 of 61 (805 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the only thing that worked for me was a complete uninstall and a fresh download

Message 57 of 61 (802 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know if something got fixed in the background (i.e., Bioware), I just performed the update without having to resort to anything other than restarting the patcher.  Good luck, all!

Message 58 of 61 (799 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not fixed for me at all (9:27 PM ET). The launcher goes into computer BG and does nothing. I don't even get error messages anymore.  Will try again tomorrow night I guess.

Message 59 of 61 (753 Views)

★★ Apprentice

it let me patch finally...I ended up doing that, then shutting it down, having reached my limits in terms of patience hours ago.

Message 60 of 61 (749 Views)