Re: Unable to Link EA Account to Switch

by torrence0309

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Link EA Account to Switch

★★★ Newbie

I installed Apex Legends for the first time on my Nintendo Switch. The system is up to date. The game is using the latest version of the software.

Once the title loads, I can start the “Welcome to Apex Legends” menu, accept the User Agreement, then proceed to my email.

The “EA Account” page auto-loads the email I want to use; I think it pulls it from my Nintendo Switch account’s email. Anyway, I can move on.

I get the “Welcome Back” menu next as it recognizes I have an EA account - this one I’m posting with right now. I can enter my password.

Once it’s been confirmed, I get to the “Link your EA Account to Nintendo Account” menu, which says my EA account for my email will be linked to my Nintendo Account for my Switch profile name. I can press the Link Accounts button.

And immediately I get an error - “Something Went Wrong… We encountered an error and couldn’t complete your request. Try again a little later.”

I’ve retried this process multiple times, manually entered my email instead of letting it auto-fill, gave it 24 hours since yesterday’s first attempt, and still haven’t been able to link accounts; I get kicked back to the title screen.

I’ve read the additional information that pops up which says I need an account to play and I can visit ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information - hasn’t helped (cold boot, router reset).

I’m connected to the Internet and can view the online status of my Switch friends as they start playing Apex or other Switch games.

The only thing I can think of is trying a different email for my EA account and Nintendo Switch account altogether, but I’d prefer not to go through those hoops.

Can I get any advice?

Message 1 of 10 (3,526 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @KingOfCorn35 @Nonflaxen  when it comes to Account issues, it's not something we can help with on the forums, and you need to reach out to our game advisors on EA support.

How to get in contact with EA support:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
https://twitter.com/EAHelp

/Atic

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (3,353 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@Nonflaxen Did you figure it out because I have the same problem.
Message 2 of 10 (3,408 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @KingOfCorn35 @Nonflaxen  when it comes to Account issues, it's not something we can help with on the forums, and you need to reach out to our game advisors on EA support.

How to get in contact with EA support:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
https://twitter.com/EAHelp

/Atic

Message 3 of 10 (3,354 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have talked to support multiple times and talked to support at Nintendo and no one has solved this issue, so please stop saying you need to speak to support because thats going to get everyone nowhere.

Message 4 of 10 (2,861 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Still unable to get it linked? This is so ridiculous, just want to play apex on the switch but can’t even gain access to the game. So irritating.

Message 5 of 10 (2,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The solution is very easy as I encountered this very problem and the fact that an admin can’t even give an answer is surreal to me. If your Nintendo switch account has any special characters in it, just go home and change it to just letters only , then try linking again, and when successful, change it back. Not the ea account your actual switch username, my girlfriends had a “Wink” on hers and I removed that and it worked flawlessly 

Message 6 of 10 (2,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!! This worked for me!!

Message 7 of 10 (1,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@noseyrosie922 No problem, admins are of no use now a days
Message 8 of 10 (1,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@_sinister_XJ Thank you so much it worked I was going crazy
Message 9 of 10 (1,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had the same problem a lot and nobody can help. Always with the, contact support, talk to a representative. They don’t help. I’m still having the same problem. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,677 Views)