Re: Unable To Login on Both Launcher/Website

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable To Login on Both Launcher/Website

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to gain access to my SWTOR account but have been encountering issues. Despite knowing my Display Name and password (seeing as, these days, changing one's EA/Origin password changes the one used for SWTOR?) and entering the correct Authenticator number, the launcher spits out a "Please confirm your login information" error, while the website simply says "LOGIN FAILED".

I do have a physical authenticator (that produces eight-digit codes) as opposed to a phone app, which may (or may not; we don't know) be a problem. The thing is, between knowing my Display Name (using the website's "Forgot Display Name" function successfully sends an email back confirming it's the one I'm using), my password (I can use it to log into Origin without issue) and authenticator code are all correct, I still get these errors. Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (305 Views)

Accepted Solution

@OGNAtrocity 

I gather you tried leaving the security key blank, if it doesnt progress to a screen that prompts you to enter the security key (and a link to remove) and said login failed then the password is wrong 

Give CS a call and they can remove the security key so you can reset the password on the account

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (290 Views)

All Replies

@OGNAtrocity 

I gather you tried leaving the security key blank, if it doesnt progress to a screen that prompts you to enter the security key (and a link to remove) and said login failed then the password is wrong 

Give CS a call and they can remove the security key so you can reset the password on the account

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)