Re: Ui update can't finish downloading

by 7even3

Original Post

Ui update can't finish downloading

★★★ Novice

After seeing the new Lupkow Pass update, i decided to finally cave and buy the Premium Pass. shortly thereafter, i booted up BF1 and as greeted by a message saying "you need to install a User Interface Update" or something to that effect. So i'm like "okay, whatever".

Well, it starts okay, but then it reaches 83%.

and just stops.

Every. Single. God. Damn.Time. (queue Internal Screaming)

I can, of course, cancel out of it, but that UI update is REQUIRED to access Multiplayer. therefore, i essentially can't play the game.

I tried Repairing it, re-installing it, and restarting it, and Origin, and my entire computer. i even tried launching both with as admin.

so, WTF, m8?

Message 1 of 7 (2,152 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Spynal_Toad Please try to delete Battlefield 1 folder in Documents folder (create a backup of the Battlefield 1 folder if you want). Then, run a clean boot on your PC and launch the game to update the interface.

https://help.ea.com/tr/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Also, please make sure your game is updated, try to check for updates via Origin.

Message 2 of 7 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Novice

Finally got around to trying that. but now, of all things instead of getting stuck at 83%....

It gets stuck at 94% now...

deleted BF1 folder in documents, ran a clean boot. whole shot.

going from 83 to 94 and still getting stuck is not that much of a difference.

so now i wonder what's REALLY going on...

Message 3 of 7 (2,102 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: Tried this for the lupkow pass update, didn't work. a few days later, i try to boot up the game, it just somehow works, not even an interface update required. Now, however, is (probably) access for ITNOTZ for season pass/premium owners, and now here i am again. same issue too; need to do an interface update to play online. but once again, it refuses to finish downloading. and once again, clean-booting after deleting the BF1 folder just does.not.work. i don't know WHY it doesn't work, but it just doesn't, for whatever reason.

Message 4 of 7 (2,051 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh, and here. for clarity, is a DxDiag file:

Message 5 of 7 (2,045 Views)

★★★ Novice

*Bump*

Message 6 of 7 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i recently had this issue i tried every solution i could find and then found out that if i disable my antivirus software it works because it blocks the files thinking their ransomware also i had it in windowed mode but dont think that it helped that much but try it anyways

Message 7 of 7 (1,080 Views)