US Player forced to play EU Servers(London), Cannot change Servers

by LessBeyond

Original Post

US Player forced to play EU Servers(London), Cannot change Servers

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Apex is the only game that is doing this to me, it's forcing me to play the London servers and I can't change it manually at the menu screen. I am East Coast U.S., I have been trying to get on the New York Servers for who knows how long. I try by using the Data Center and all I can do is highlight different servers. Also, Every server is locked as -1 Ping and 100% packet loss

I have tried everything i could think of:

1) Uninstalled Origin and Apex

2) Made sure apex was up to date just in case

3) Reset my router

4) checked if my IP address is somehow messed up and registered wrong(which it isn't)

5) Clean booted my PC(didn't work)

It is not my internet, it's not top tier, but it isn't so bad that it sends me half way across the world

Message 1 of 4 (1,249 Views)

Re: US Player forced to play EU Servers(London), Cannot change Servers

Community Manager

Hi @LessBeyond

Have you tried setting a different DNS in Windows to see if that makes any difference at all? Using a different DNS can help in some situations like this. 

You can manually set a different DNS through the TCP/IP Settings in Windows. You can find more information on how to get there over at the Microsoft Support website. If you choose the Manual option you can enter a DNS of your own choosing. I usually use 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if you know of a different open DNS you would rather use instead that would be OK as well. 

Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,194 Views)

★★ Novice

Does absolutely nothing.

Message 3 of 4 (1,158 Views)

★ Novice

I have also tried using UOTrace, and it usually can't find a path within 30 hops. And by usually I mean 'essentially never'. I don't play a ton--I started in season 3, probably have 20-30 matches between season 4 and 5. I had this problem back in season 3, and UOTrace couldn't find a path, I messed around trying to trace to intermediary locations it was hitting when trying to get to Apex. I kept moving one step forward and each successful time and eventually I got to Apex. Then the problem went away.

Until now. Nothing works. I can't play unless I team with someone else and they lead the squad, and that doesn't really work for a potatoe like me in ranked.

Message 4 of 4 (1,097 Views)