Re: UOtrace results

by EA_Darko

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
someone from apex legends team tweet this forum link so they can see how incompetent their virgin media customer support is !
Message 11 of 23 (670 Views)

★ Pro
Software version : 9.1.116.608 is the latest version.. There are many complaints about the intel puma series used by this modem.. Sadly it seems this modem doesnt allow manual update (as i read so far) so u need to get in touch with support by telephone or communicty forum:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless

What u can try TODAY is disabling wifi in the modem settings (even briefly just for testing purpose) and see if that takes a bit of ur cpu load in the modem
Message 12 of 23 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Konform103 wrote:
Software version : 9.1.116.608 is the latest version.. There are many complaints about the intel puma series used by this modem.. Sadly it seems this modem doesnt allow manual update (as i read so far) so u need to get in touch with support by telephone or communicty forum:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless

What u can try TODAY is disabling wifi in the modem settings (even briefly just for testing purpose) and see if that takes a bit of ur cpu load in the modem

if I just buy myself a new modem that will fix my problems?

Message 13 of 23 (650 Views)

★ Pro
I dont think you can do that.. Like i said try and put your superhub in modem mode (use external wifi router).. If your firmware is older just be patient and reach out to them to upgrade the firmware

Enabling modem mode:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode
Message 14 of 23 (640 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

ok I just got a call from virgin media they said a firmware update was push out for my modem and everything should be fine now ! here are the new results, are they better ?

Message 15 of 23 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

here is the test with 100 pkts sent ! 

Message 16 of 23 (616 Views)

Community Manager

It looks better but you would need to send 100 packets so as to get an overview of your connection @Sp4ceb4lls.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 23 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Darko wrote:

It looks better but you would need to send 100 packets so as to get an overview of your connection @Sp4ceb4lls.

Darko

please look at this test!

Message 18 of 23 (611 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Sp4ceb4lls but the issue is still there. You still have high ping times and on many hops a Ping best/worst of over 100ms.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 19 of 23 (2,430 Views)

★ Pro
Did u actually take a look at the version they remote installed? Can u post it? This might help out some other people in the future

If you have time there is an option in apex legends called "data center", take a screenshot of it, post it here.. Depending where u live in ireland and ur isp u might have better connection (less packet loss) on new york (bit higher latency probably) london, amsterdam u can select one of those (yellow bar) start the game and see what happens
Message 20 of 23 (572 Views)