SOLVED Error Code: 770 Unable to connect to Battlefront II & Origin chat

by officernickwilde

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SOLVED Error Code: 770 Unable to connect to Battlefront II & Origin chat

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Edit; For people who have Error: 770; In my case it was my router that was the issue, when I tried another internet source (bypassing my router) everything was fine and working, like a week after that I got the error for the first time, it just fixed itself, maybe my router got a software update that blocked some of my games? And then another one that fixed the issue? Maybe... Anyway thanks to Carbonic & EA for helping <3

So for 2 days straight Ive got Error Code: 770 disallowing me to connect to Star Wars Battlefront II

Origin chat features isn't available either but it gives me news under Origin > My Home > Games events and updates and it do allow me to browse games that aren't installed on my PC

Ive checked my profile.ea.com and it says my account age is 06/29/1962. Theres nothing popping up other than that my email haven't been verified but it never has and Ive had access to Origin and Battlefront II under this profile before

I did have to change my acc. age when I first signed up because I set the wrong age at first and counted as too young to play online

What does Error Code: 770 sign?

Other: I haven't recently changed anything on my EA account, my PCs firewall, done any changes in the files of Origin or Battlefront II, installed any new Origin games, changed internet provider/router

I did however get an automatic update for Windows 10 Pro so maybe its some compatibility/firewall issue??? How can I go from here? Are there any repair tools for Origin that I can download? 

ANY KNOWLEDGE APPRECIATED!!! ;D (I don't wanna reinstall everything on my hard drive or my games tho as my internet is 5-20 mb/s :l )

Message 1 of 21 (33,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Code: 770 Unable to connect to Battlefront II & Origin chat

[ Edited ]
Hero

@officernickwilde

I don't think its UPnP and NAT is not the issue because Battlefront II and Origin chat is the only things I can't connect to

Issues with networking equipment can easily only interrupt Battlefront II and Origin and not other applications. This is no excuse to not try it.

Port forwarding shouldn't be a problem in Battlefront II right? I think port forwarding is only necessary for servers (not pcs)

That depends on how you've setup your computer and your network. If there are issues port forwarding might be needed in any case it shouldn't hurt. So no, not just servers.

I know I already use IPv4 (with a security protocol/firewall that lets thru Origin & Battlefront II and all Origins help softwares)

Most internet providers use IPv4. I don't know why you mention this but it's probably irrelevant.

I really don't wanna clean boot... It would take me about 10 hours to install all my applications again (raw downloading time)

Clean boot don't uninstall any of your applications and don't require you to download them again. Please read how to do it at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows specifically for your Windows version.

I can't restart/bypass one of my routers tho as its in my dads apartment (who won't be home for months and is the only one with keys to the apartment) but I've tried bypassing my other and it didn't help

Not having access to a router on your network and the fact that you have a complex network setup is not ideal. Do you have access to try gaming while using the internet on your phone tethered to your computer thus bypassing your dads internet?

Rather hungry right now!

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 15 of 21 (40,659 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

UNSOLVED

Message 2 of 21 (33,711 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @officernickwilde

Have you tried a solution from this video?

Message 3 of 21 (33,688 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Nope didn't do it (I did it in the order he did)
Message 4 of 21 (33,681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

UNSOLVED

Message 5 of 21 (33,680 Views)

★★ Apprentice

UNSOLVED

Message 6 of 21 (33,668 Views)

★★ Apprentice
*UNSOLVED*
Message 7 of 21 (33,660 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Still very much unsolved Frown
Message 8 of 21 (33,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

UNSOLVED

Btw, I don't know much about Windows, I checked the firewall and it said nothing about Origin so I added it and all Origins semi applications, yet the error still happens :l

Message 9 of 21 (33,644 Views)

★★ Apprentice
UNSOLVED
Message 10 of 21 (33,645 Views)