Re: UNLINK BANNED ACCOUNT FROM STEAM

by kingcloudds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

UNLINK BANNED ACCOUNT FROM STEAM

★★★★ Novice

This account was banned, for violating ToS and i can't access any EA games through steam, because this account is linked to my steam account. There isn't a way to go around the ban, because I contacted the ToS team and they said I wasn't getting unbanned. I would like this account to be deleted or just simply unlinked from my steam account. I've contacted support multiple times about this, because I have EA games on Steam and I can't access them. For example, when I try to open Apex Legends through steam, it won't let me because it says my EA account has been banned.

Is there any way for my steam account to be unlinked from an EA account?

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to say @kingcloudds but our team would not be able to assist you in getting around a ban by removing your linked account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (492 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @kingcloudds but our team would not be able to assist you in getting around a ban by removing your linked account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (493 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not saying that I want the account unbanned, I would simply like for the Steam account to be unlinked from the EA account. This would allow me to play EA games, instead of seeing "your account has been disabled" when launching an EA title. Is there no way for the account to be deleted or simply unlinked from the Steam account?

Message 3 of 6 (484 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kingcloudds this would be considered getting around a ban and not something our support can help with.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not getting around a ban, it's asking for the account to get deleted. Unlinking the steam account from the account is not going around a ban. It would be going around a ban if I'd still want to use the EA account, I'm just asking for the account to get unlinked. It should be possible for the user to unlink their account (not considering that the account is banned), why isn't it possible?

Message 5 of 6 (462 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kingcloudds going to lock this thread as there is nothing that we can do in relation to issues like this on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (456 Views)