by Sergiurap

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[UNDER INVESTIGATION] EA Anticheat Service encountered an error

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

Hey!

I pre loaded the game and stayed up to play FIFA 23, but I cannot get it to start Frown

"EA AntiCheat Service encountered an error. Please restart the game" - and then it gives the destination in my C folder to the EAAntCheat.GameService.exe (7) . 

Restarting the EA app+FIFA+device doesn't help, reinstalling the AntiCheat doesn't help, the game has permission through firewall, reinstalling doesn't help either. I'm also running it as administrator.

It really sucks, ideas? 

Message 1 of 3,673 (115,243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Anticheat Service encountered an error

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey all, 

This issue is under investigation at this time. As a temporary workaround please attempt to launch FIFA 23 and get the "EA AntiCheat error" then fully exit the Origin/EA Apps on your PC and then relaunch with Administrator privileges and try launching FIFA 23 and let me know if you still see the same error.

To run a program as Administrator:

Windows 10:

1. Windows Key
  2. Right-click Origin/EA App
  3. Select the More submenu, and click the Run as administrator option.

Windows 11:

1. Windows key
  2. Type EA or Origin
  3. Right-click the program and select Run as Administrator

I'll update this thread with any new information I get, thanks for sticking with us. 

Update: Some users are reporting that temporarily disabling Real Time Protection in their antivirus has resolved this issue. 

Update: We have a new thread on this issue here where we are gathering information for the FIFA team investigating this issue. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 56 of 3,673 (138,504 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i even reinstalled the game and still got the error... so im a playpro menber and im not getting what im paying for... better solve this asap..

Message 2 of 3,673 (115,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, same thing here. Play Pro member as well.

I know launches can be tricky and people work on these to not happen, but not even being able to see the title screen because of this new AntiCheat system is a bummer, especially when you stay up just to test the waters out in the new game.

+The FUT start..

Message 3 of 3,673 (115,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DESZANTOS4 same i stayed up late to get an advantage... and i face this.
Message 4 of 3,673 (115,142 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DESZANTOS4 The EA Desktop app has the incorrect countdown timer it will be released in just under 15 hours if the Origin date is correct.

otherwise as EA staff keep posting the following day (27th) Frown
Message 5 of 3,673 (115,056 Views)

★★ Novice
@9-Evil-Muffin This is correct, I have just been in contact with support and they said the game is out 27 even if the app is saying 26 and they are working very hard(hardly working tbh) to fix this.
Maybe the guys that work on the EA app should get a pay rise to be able to afford a calendar so they know this in the future.
Message 6 of 3,673 (114,997 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@DESZANTOS4 where are you located?
Message 7 of 3,673 (114,993 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@9-Evil-Muffin mine's is saying the 26th, so I'm going with the app and not what CS is saying.
Message 8 of 3,673 (114,973 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@DESZANTOS4 so you could launch the game, just that this popped up right?
Message 9 of 3,673 (114,988 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jimmarshall Not available at midnight it's 15:00 GMT+1 release as of last known release time today.
Message 10 of 3,673 (114,924 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help