Re: UI Request for Color Blind: Better color distinction in power bar

by martijn_twotribe

Original Post

UI Request for Color Blind: Better color distinction in power bar

★★★ Novice

Screenshot 2020-06-08 20.02.33.png

For me as a color blind it is hard to see from a distance if that bar is fully used up or not. IMO it would be better if that darker green was simply omitted (transparent).

Message 1 of 5 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I'm not Colour-Blind, and even I've had to have a few double-takes on the Power Indicator when I'm half asleep and sitting away from my screen. I would prefer to have a Darker Green for the Power Remaining Indicator, and an Orange colour for the Power Used Indicator. Maybe if it went Orange as it got near to the Power Limit Indicator, that would be better. I do know that not enough games support Colour-Blind people.

I'm not Colour-Blind, but I am Colour-Intensity Sensitive. So bright colours can be troublesome sometimes (hence I change my cursors to being Purple when I can). Yes, I did make Modified Cursors for previous releases of Command and Conquer for personal use.

Message 2 of 5 (535 Views)

Hero

@martijn_twotribe 

The classic game has had the golden top thingie on the actual location of the power level inside the coloured bar, so that solved this problem. I hope they fix that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 5 (522 Views)

★ Pro

@Nyerguds 

I thought it did on the original version, so where is it on this version? hahaha

I also hope it's fixed soon.

Message 4 of 5 (511 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Nyerguds that would be even better. Hopefully EA is able to address this!
Message 5 of 5 (488 Views)