Re: Twitch Prime to PS4 for Apex Legends

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Twitch Prime to PS4 for Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

Bought the Twitch Prime and EA accounts for the 5 Apex packs and free skin for PS4, but there's no option to login to the EA Server to get my items and there's no external way to link my PSN account to the EA Persona give us all a fix here on PS4. I even downloaded the game on my PC to see if I could link my PSN that way like Epic does Fortnite but that's not possible. Cmon EA and Respawn, you guys are better than this.

Message 1 of 9 (4,251 Views)

Community Manager

Don't worry I've got you covered. I copied this from another post I replied to but if you have any specific questions that aren't covered here let me know.

If you NEVER played an EA game before on a PlayStation ID, once you load up the EA game it will prompt you to create an EA account. 

How to see your EA account email in some of our games

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/find-your-ea-account-email-address-using-your-game/

If you log into one of our games and do not get that step, it means you must have played an EA game in the past and already set up an account. The trick is to find out the email you previously set it up with your PSN ID. We have a lot of loyal customers that have been playing our games for decades now, so they might have used an email that no longer exists or simply just forgot what it was. 

To find the email you can do the following:

• Go into some of our EA games like I mentioned above to locate it. 
  • Sign into Help.EA.com using your Xbox or PlayStation login credentials (there are icons for them at login). Once signed in, click on "Accounts" at the top of Help.EA.com and select Change Email. It will display the email there.
  • Visit Profile.EA.com and sign in with the email you think is registered to your EA account. Once you sign in, scroll down to "Connected Accounts." If you DON'Tsee your Gamertag/PSN ID there, that means it's registered to a different account. 

Our Live-Support can help with account/email recovery. 

Click here to speak with an EA Advisor

What if I am having trouble linking up my Twitch account to the EA account OR linked up the Twitch account to the wrong EA account? Don't worry we've got you covered. Check out this article below.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/apex-legends/apex-legends/apex-legends-and-twitch/

*It's important to un-link from BOTH Twitch and your EA account before linking up again if you previously linked up to the wrong EA account*

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (4,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • I have never played an EA game before on ps4, and that email thing DID NOT pop up...help?
  •  
Message 3 of 9 (4,182 Views)

Community Manager

@Crackalope7 

Sign into Help.EA.com using your PlayStation login credentials (there is an icon for it at login). Once signed in, it should ask you to create an Origin ID, email, etc. for account setup. You should then be good to go. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 9 (4,174 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What about for people like me who our friend logged into their EA account some number of years ago on our ps4, so our PSN is linked to an entirely different EA account?

Message 5 of 9 (4,169 Views)

Community Manager

@WayneOfPayne 

For that specific situation you'll need to get in touch with an EA Advisor so they can make changes to your account after passing account verification.

Click here to speak with an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 9 (4,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

I have done that twice already today and after talking with EA Advisors for multiple hours all I know is that it is impossible for me to unlink my PSN from my friend's EA account so I can link it to my own. I also heard from one of them that this problem is being looked into, but I don't have much hope for that because it's a problem that has existed since 2012. 

The only true way that I know of to fix the problem I need to get fixed is do a persona transfer.

Is there any other information you could give me?

Message 7 of 9 (4,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same exact issue. My EA account connected to my PSN account is some unknown legacy email that nobody knows.

Got online to speak with an EA advisor as well as on the phone. Dude basically told me they'll have to send me a web form to recover this unknown email address. Advisor never sent anything to my contact info after I triple confirmed the details. Some help that was.
Message 8 of 9 (3,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I checked on myaccount.ea.com it said my current ea account which I use on my ps4 to play  Fifa 18 was linked to a very old account on the ps3 I used to own. I collected my twitch prime pack yesterday and it has not appeared on my Apex legends account, however I was never asked to sign in to my ea account once when playing Apex Legends. What should I do?

Message 9 of 9 (3,409 Views)