Turn speed

by jjlong005

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Turn speed

★ Novice

In multiplayer mode on PS4 my player right turn speed is super slow. It is actually quicker to swing left full 270 degrees to meet target than it is to turn right. This is not a controller issue. However I also experienced this in Battlefield 1 as well. Is this a bug in Battlefield? Is there a fix? I am frustrated at continually being killed due to the lack of speed in meeting a foe or getting out of the way of one.

Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Turn speed

★★ Novice

Aparently this IS a mechanical issue with the Dualshock 4 controller. Experienced the same:

Help: it has to do with dust/debris/whatsoever under the right Stick. Pull it up, move it backwards, put your lips on the small gap on the Forward position and blow into it. 

Try with the upwards pulled stick and in standard position, and blow into it. 

When done right your problem should be gone for about 1-3 days. If it appears again, repeat the cleaning.

I had the same issue in BF5 and not really in other games, but i had also an issue in CoD:MW remastered where you couldnt sprint proberly and your character always stopped sprinting after 2 meters. Its due to the same issue on the left analog stick. Blow under it, as good as you can and the issue is gone.

For a long time i thought this couldnt be a hardware problem with the controller because i wasnt experiencing this in other games but a youtube video and some posts in some forums prove me wrong. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)

All Replies

Re: Turn speed

★★ Novice

Aparently this IS a mechanical issue with the Dualshock 4 controller. Experienced the same:

Help: it has to do with dust/debris/whatsoever under the right Stick. Pull it up, move it backwards, put your lips on the small gap on the Forward position and blow into it. 

Try with the upwards pulled stick and in standard position, and blow into it. 

When done right your problem should be gone for about 1-3 days. If it appears again, repeat the cleaning.

I had the same issue in BF5 and not really in other games, but i had also an issue in CoD:MW remastered where you couldnt sprint proberly and your character always stopped sprinting after 2 meters. Its due to the same issue on the left analog stick. Blow under it, as good as you can and the issue is gone.

For a long time i thought this couldnt be a hardware problem with the controller because i wasnt experiencing this in other games but a youtube video and some posts in some forums prove me wrong. 

Message 2 of 2 (383 Views)