Re: Turn off Download by WiFi

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Turn off Download by WiFi

★★★ Newbie

Is there any way to disable this? I've haven't been able to download new game data for a couple days now because the game refuses to download without being connected to WiFi. I don't use WiFi.

Message 1 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: Turn off Download by WiFi

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @WaldenSL

Wifi isn't a requirement but it's absolutely recommended. Downloading through mobile data can be expensive and take up a good bit of download data. Some mobile data plans have limits on how much you can download so that as well as the expense might be a blocker for using mobile data for these downloads. 

However, if you'd like to use mobile data knowing that, it can be done. When you get the prompt to update the game, there should be an option to continue downloading on cellular data. You select that option and the game will download using your mobile data (unless there's a limit on the amount you're allowed to download from your mobile data plan). 

If you're not seeing that prompt, firstly please upload a screenshot of what you do see instead and secondly, there may be other ways you can change the settings to turn off downloading through Wifi, but from outside of the game. The options available will dependent on the device you use though. Should the in-game prompt not work, please let me know in your reply the device you're playing from and I'll look into whether that option is available from the device itself. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)