Re: Troubleshooting advice for 2042 issues

by wushenglxm

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@The_Tibber My voice can hear by others, but I can not hear their voices. Also, TOW Missle needs to be more guide and damage or lower cooldown
Message 31 of 40 (8,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Need help

I9-9900kf

Gf  gtx1650

32g ram

Game loads, i can play, randomly screen goes black, sound goes out.  cannot do anything but hard reboot the computer.

before patch, it would happen every once in a while. after patch it happens almost every match

Only does this on 2042

drivers are up to date

In device manager, i do have a yellow !, but details say everything is fine.

can anyone point me in direction to fix this?

Message 32 of 40 (7,487 Views)

★★ Guide

maybe its PICNIC.. The Game runs fine here on 4 different setups... from a GTX1070 to 3090 Ti....Ryzen 1700 to 5950X

Message 33 of 40 (6,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie
!100 hours of game time, I was automatically downloaded from ea play platform, and then automatically uninstalled from origin platform by ea play, which caused my cloud data to be damaged, and the data became zero, which could not be solved after the email was sent to ea.
Message 34 of 40 (4,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

the user.cfg file does not work anymore have a fix for this ?

Thanks!

Message 35 of 40 (3,487 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, same boat.  I would get a hard crash every few matches and sometimes it would last almost 2 hours.  Now its every game.

Pretty sure they are doing something that is a little didgy on the performance side of things that is causing the graphics card to spike with a power overload.  I'm running a 3080, and its so depressing that this, among all my games, has this ongoing crash the the developers will not talk about or fix.

Since the game is mostly dead in the eyes of the journalists, there is no pressure on them so people like you and I just get counted as collateral damage my friend.

Message 36 of 40 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

{F29988DC-B888-4e9b-9D70-3C0B0188F264}.png

After NVIDIA released a brand new graphics card driver, I made an update and entered the game with an error report as shown in the image. I tried using an old version of the graphics card driver, or completely uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card driver, but it didn't work. I tried playing other games but did not encounter such problems, ruling out the possibility of hardware damage.

It is worth noting that I was able to play the game normally the day before encountering the error, but today when NVIDIA released a new driver, I encountered this issue. Since then, no matter which old version I use, this error will always occur.

Message 37 of 40 (907 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Halley-LOVE-SWWX

Did you use DDU in safe mode to uninstall the 546.01 driver first, before going back to an older driver? I recommend you do.

https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/

Try using 537.58 nVidia drivers. The new drivers have had issues with some systems.

You can also try an OS refresh if that fails.
Message 38 of 40 (892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have used DDU in non secure mode before, but it has no effect

Message 39 of 40 (873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone else figured out that this game is for lack of better terms, a computer killer?

Message 40 of 40 (529 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help