Troubleshoot SWBF II Issues.

by EA_David

Original Post

Troubleshoot SWBF II Issues.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I'm missing my Yoda Star Card!

If you didn't get an Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card for Yoda, we can help you if you pre-ordered a disc copy of Star Wars Battlefront II before 3p.m. UTC October 9, 2017. 

If you pre-ordered a digital copy from an online retailer before 3p.m. UTC on October 9, and they did not give you a code, we can help you out too.

When you contact us, please have your proof of purchase ready so we can help you right away.

Check this article if you need help finding any other pre-order or edition rewards.

On PC my install is at 100% but I can't play anything other than Arcade mode!

In this case please disable ASUS ROG Game First. You can see this article for information on how to disable 3rd party services. 

I'm using Direct X 12 and I'm seeing some performance issues, what should I do?

We’re aware that some players using Direct X 12 may see micro-stuttering or other performance issues. While we’re working on a fix for this, we recommend that you change your settings to use DirectX 11 instead.

Here’s how:

1. In-game, go to the Home screen.
  2. Click Options, then Video.
  3. Scroll to Enable DirectX 12 and toggle the switch to Off.
  4. Restart the game to apply the change.

Screen showing video options with Directx 12 highlighted in orange at bottom-left.

NOTE: If you have dual GPUS, and you’re using DirectX 12, we recommend switching back to DirectX 11 until we have a fix for the performance issues.
We’ll update here when you’re good to switch back to DirectX 12 again.

If you're unable to launch the game there's another way to swap to DX11. Go to C:\users\your windows account name\Documents, then go to STAR WARS Battlefront II\settings. Choose to open BootOptions with notepad, and you'll see "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" at the start of the document. Change that one to a zero to get  "GstRender.EnableDx12 0", save and start the game. 

I'm having performance issues with AMD Eyefinity.

We’ve had reports of some performance issues with Eyefinity in Star Wars Battlefront II, and we’re working on resolving them. In the meantime, we’d advise against using Eyefinity when you play. We’ll update here as soon as we have a workaround or a fix for you.

My lightsaber is invisible! I'm using an AMD card and my drivers are up to date.

This is a graphical bug, and we’re working on it. We’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Why can’t I equip the weapon I unlocked in my last End of Round in Multiplayer?

We’re working on making this smoother, but for now, you need to exit the match and start a new multiplayer game to have your new weapon available to you.

CONNECTION INFO

If you have trouble connecting online in Star Wars Battlefront II, try opening (or forwarding) these ports to improve your connection:

PC  
UDP443 TCP: 80, 443, 8080

PlayStation 4 
UDP3659, 17503, 17504, 10000-20000 80, 443, 9988, 10000-20000, TCP: 17503, 17504, 42120, 42210, 42230, 44125, 44225, 44325

Xbox One
UDP: 88, 3074, 53, 500, 3544, 4500, 1863 TCP:80, 3074, 53, 1863

If you’re still having trouble, run through our troubleshooting steps to help clear up any connection errors

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 1 (11,626 Views)