Trouble Staying Connected to SWTOR

by Phoenixtears28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trouble Staying Connected to SWTOR

★★ Novice

First off, I have no issues logging into SWTOR. I'm able to play just fine, but randomly my game will stop and be sent to the Server Screen. None of the Servers will show up and I will get a box saying the Servers are unavailable. I can exit the game then immediately log back in and get back into the game just fine. Is there a reason I keep losing connection to my Server? I play on Star Forge Server. I live on the East Coast of USA.

I did 2 UOTraces. They are attached.

Message 1 of 3 (369 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble Staying Connected to SWTOR

★★ Novice

Well I was able to figure it out. I run Avast Antivirus on my system. Soon as I set my server connection to private in the Avast settings, it has not been dropping my server like before.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (319 Views)

All Replies

@Phoenixtears28 

hard to say at present, any split second internet interruption or an antivirus/firewall block could cause this sort of behavior.

can only recommend if currently playing wireless try playing with an Ethernet cable direct to the modem and see if it persists.

from there remove and re-add the exceptions for both launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the antivirus and firewall.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

Well I was able to figure it out. I run Avast Antivirus on my system. Soon as I set my server connection to private in the Avast settings, it has not been dropping my server like before.

Message 3 of 3 (320 Views)