Re: Traits button makes game crash

by cam1panthers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Traits button makes game crash

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) SM-T550
OS Version 6.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tabbing traits button results in game crashing
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback

Unfortunately the sims mobile keeps crashing when I tab on the traits button since the last update. I can't retire any sim or give away traits cause the game doesn't even ask me anymore if I want to do so.

I already posted this here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/comment/16338783#Comment_16338783 on page 10 but I can't enter this site anymore cause it always tells me "permission denied". I just don't understand it. So I don't know if somebody already answered there to my problem.

So how do I retired a sim cause the game is always crashing when tapping on the button for traits?

Thank you

Message 1 of 10 (1,142 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hello Mai, 

I just installed the 9.1.0.140433-update and now it works again. I could retire 3 of my 4 sims. 

Thank you for your time. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,320 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @spike0218,

Welcome to Answers HQ Standard smile

You cannot access that discussion in The Sims forums anymore because we are having all the issues and bug reports in this forum now.

It seems your Sim doesn't want you to retire them! Let me try to help! Have you already tried to restart your device, and see if it still crashes? If there's any corrupted files in your device's memory that might help.

In case it doesn't, please, try to clear The Sims Mobile cache as explained in this article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Let us know if that helps Wink
-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having problems with retiring a sim also. About 2 hours ago or so I gave a sim a sticker the game froze and kept telling me no internet connection which I had and then crashed. I wasn't able to get on for about 15 minutes. I had a sim ready to retire and now I don't even have the button to retire him. I hope that button wasn't taken away purposely. When I was able to get back on my stickers changed and I'm able to give 5 each now instead of 2. But still no retire button. It's messing everything up. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Mai, 

Everytime I tab on the button game freezes then it closes itself. I can't even see which traits each sim has cause it always crashed. Can't see the traits display. I already forced game to stop, cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, did a factory reset with my tablet. Before the February update, i already gave every sim its last trait. I can't believe i can't retire them after 2-3 weeks cause i play daily. They have to be ready for retirement. I hope it will work again with the new update which i hope is released soon.

Nevertheless, thanks you for your answer

Message 4 of 10 (1,078 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for the additional details, @spike0218.

Please, @cam1panthers @spike0218, could you share your player IDs? You can find them as explained here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-find-your-player-ID-in-The-Sims-Mobile/td-p/...

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 5 of 10 (1,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Mai, 

I just installed the 9.1.0.140433-update and now it works again. I could retire 3 of my 4 sims. 

Thank you for your time. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After the update I'm no longer able to retire sims again. I have sims needing to be retired and I have no option of it. 

Message 7 of 10 (979 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @cam1panthers,

Thanks for letting us know you still have this problem. You mention you are not able to retire Sims 'again'. Were you able to retire the Sim that had no retire button before at some point?

Did you get a notification telling you the Sims you want to retire are ready for retirement?

I'm going to need to ask for your player ID again, so the team can look into this. Please, follow instructions here to get your player ID: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-find-your-player-ID-in-The-Sims-Mobile/td-p/...

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 8 of 10 (956 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the issue before and then the next day I was able to retire a sim. Now I can't retire anyone. I have sims ready to go and there's no button to retire. I have the newest update and still nothing. 

Message 9 of 10 (950 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok my player number is 1002910863089 and I just took this picture of her without the options of retirement. 

Message 10 of 10 (939 Views)