Torchlight 2 Mod Launcher Issue

by Rakshad

Original Post

Torchlight 2 Mod Launcher Issue

★★★ Newbie

Trying to launch torchlight 2 with mods but when I click the "launch with mods" button on the mod selector window after selecting my mods, nothing launches. It just exits the mod launcher, and the "Play" button in the origin app becomes ungreyed (meaning the game isn't running at all). Any help? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (5,868 Views)

Re: Torchlight 2 Mod Launcher Issue

Community Manager

@Rakshad Hey, as Torchlight isn't an EA game you may be better off checking on the Runic boards. If you check out this thread it may help: http://forums.runicgames.com/discussion/55507/solved-torchlight-ii-mod-launcher-doesnt-work-any-more

Essentially it identifies a file that can become corrupted, removing it may help. 

If this isn't a factor I'd try disabling all the mods one by one and see if the issue only occurs with a certain combination of mods. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (5,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think this is an origin issue no other version of the game have i had this problem and it can be with no mods and the game still wont launch through launch with mods and ive reinstalled deleted modlauncher.sch unmarked the read only check on the folder ive even done the "bypass" launching the exe right into a mod with command line and nothin its like origin stops the modlauncher from calling to the EXE period otherwise i have no idea.

Message 3 of 5 (5,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@slitchtar If it's happening with no active mods that's interesting. To clarify, does it happen intermittently or consistently?

Be sure to disable any mods while testing, then can try restarting Origin as an administrator and see if this has any effect? 

If this has no effect I'd be interested in whether there's a report for the failed launch in the Reliability Monitor: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722107(v=ws.10).aspx

Also can I check if you're the original poster on a different account, or a different player? 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (5,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also posted this on another thread:

:SOLVED: Stumbled across a solution for this today, this worked for myself and a friend.  Go to the game in your Origin library right-click and select game properties, Under general (default page) uncheck the box next to "Enable Origin In Game for Torchlight II". Tested with Synergies mod along with Far East pack, Synergies mod first as recommended.

NOTE: I also ran Origin as administrator which can be done by right-clicking your desktop Origin icon and then choose "Properties" go to "Compatibility" tab check box next to "Run this program as an administrator" then select ok or apply and run program as normal, be advised you will get a pop-up for running as admin aswell as an Origin notification that you are running in admin mode.

Message 5 of 5 (5,530 Views)