Re: Torch and Tail content not appearing in game

by pmscortana

Original Post

Torch and Tail content not appearing in game

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased the Torch and Tail DLC from the Microsoft Store this morning. When I returned to the game, the servers were having connectivity issues I think and I never got any items in the game either through the mail or the sticker shop. I was told that the new characters and content would be found in either of those places but they are not. I couldn’t lo back into my game after that. Now that the servers are back up and running, I tried to find the new content again but it is still nowhere to be found, despite it clearly showing as purchased on my Xbox. Please help me get the content that I paid for. 

Message 1 of 12 (6,871 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

My experience has been that I have to INSTALL to my devices when I'm in Microsoft.com then it shows up in the sticker shop. I have forgotten to do this. I missed those when they were on sale. I hope they put them up again. You may have figured this out now but thought I would remind everyone else. 

Message 2 of 12 (6,667 Views)

Community Manager

@SaipanDamashii 

Sorry to hear about the trouble you were having with a recent purchase. It looks like Xbox Live was having some content and purchase issues lately which should be cleared up by now. It's possible they cancelled your purchase during the affected time period and you'll need to make the purchase again.

Double-check your purchase history for your Xbox account to verify the purchase was actually completed. If not, they cancelled it. 

If you see it there and the content still isn't available, check to see if all add ons are installed by going on your Xbox and visit My Games & Apps>Highlight PvZGW2>Press Start>Manage Game. 

Still not showing up? Contact our Live-Support team and they'll make sure you get the purchased content. 

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 12 (6,651 Views)

★ Guide

Is there still a way to get Torchwood without buying it? I did all the inifinity trials and when I buy the gold chest, I got a yellow key? 

Message 4 of 12 (6,509 Views)

Which yellow chest?  The chests to unlock hovergoat and torchwood each have five locks on them requiring 15 rainbow stars each.  The room they are in only opens once you have defeated that rainbow guardian.  Do you mean to say you opened one of these and only got a mysterious key?

Message 5 of 12 (6,499 Views)

★ Guide

I should've said yellow door.  I just started playing the game and they had gotten rid of the old way to get Torch and Tail. Another player took me through the current mode and we opened all the chests. I have been still buying the Golden Chest inside the Town Hall because you can't accumulate rainbow stars anyway so now I am getting those keys for the doors that I don't need. So I thought to ask if there still was another way to get the last 2 characters and if the achievement still pops if you do whether you buy them or not.  I have checked with True Achievements but its' too vague and also says that they should be for sale again. 

Message 6 of 12 (6,490 Views)

[ Edited ]

What you received was one of the four keys for the trials of gnomus.

Whether or not the characters will be sold again remains to be seen.  In the meantime, you can earn them the same way the rest of us did, by completing the trials of gnomus.  Here is a video which explains the whole thing.  You can disregard the initial part about opening up the wall in the sewers.  That mission was eliminated quite some time ago, and the way to the to the gnome room is already open for all players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlsCzbO2TMs

Message 7 of 12 (6,476 Views)

★ Guide

Impossible for me to physically do those trials. I'll just let it go. I can't even get an S Rank. I will just play as is. I've ordered the first installment of the game and that should keep me busy for awhile. 

Message 8 of 12 (6,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even to this day I have that issue. I just purchased the torch and tail upgrade and it did nothing at all. Nothing worked and I had to get it refunded. 

Message 9 of 12 (4,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve also just bought the dlc and nothing happened and I’ve tried to get it refunded but it just took too long to wait 

Message 10 of 12 (922 Views)