Original Post

Top Talent achievement is not working

★★★★ Guide

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Top Talent achievement doesn't work on Origin
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. UL/DL 30/5
What company provides your internet service? Optima telekom
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fastest way to level up strike team is to use phonegame Apex HQ on ordinary missions (if a person doesn't have a phone, they can use android emulator on PC) and play ingame MP if it's Apex mission.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Gainward Phoenix GTX 1070 GS
Please enter memory size in GB. 8Gb

As stated in the title. My team of salarians reached level 20, but the achievement didn't happen.

Although I'm the first to report this here, I'm not alone who noticed it:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=900268

I've added screenshots of the team taken through android emulator.

Message 1 of 66 (11,340 Views)

Re: Top Talent achievement is not working

★★★★★ Novice
Happened to me on PS4 too.

Used the app on the way home after work and didn't realise a mission would push a team to level 20 to do it in the actual game.

Now it won't pop in my game. I've had the team successfully complete another mission but it didn't unlock.
Message 2 of 66 (11,251 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is also occurring for me on PC in Origin.  I leveled a strike team to level 20 through the Apex HQ app and the achievement didn't unlock upon launching the game.  Additionally, I leveled a second strike team to 20 by both sending a level 19 strike team out and debriefing the mission while in-game and the achievement didn't unlock.

Message 3 of 66 (11,234 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As an additional point on this, I noticed that for both OP and me, our XP is above the level 20 amount. I've seen that cause problems with some XP stuff in other games so that might be the cause of it.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my group at over 2,000,000 XP to show this.

I've got a second team at almost 19 so hopefully by tonight I can get them to 20 through the console and report back.

Message 4 of 66 (11,197 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with both the android app and with the PS4. I have different teams which pass the level 20 and no trophy unlocked when i pass level 20 on PS4 also.

Message 5 of 66 (11,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Final update from me, basically this trophy makes no sense.

I unlocked it by getting another team to level 20. Their final mission was activated in game and debriefed in game. I also waited for a while on the mission success popup when the trophy unlocked, I'm not sure if that made a difference or not though.

Yet for some people getting another team to 20 isn't working and for other people I've seen on other forums simply having the team you got to 20 complete one more mission unlocks this.

So two possible solutions I can think of from forums:

1. Have the level 20 team complete one more mission and debrief in game.

2. Have an additional team reach level 20 and debrief in game.

I'm unsure if it makes any difference where you start the mission but it seems like you must finish in game.

Message 6 of 66 (11,108 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After reading all the issues, I got it unlocked with my first team by debriefing the mission on the Tempest and not with the Apex HQ App. This worked for me (PC) even when I started the mission via App.

Message 7 of 66 (11,104 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I finally got it with a third team on the ps4.

Message 8 of 66 (11,089 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC as well, digital download, Deluxe Edition - team turned level 20 via in-game and the achievement did not unlock.

Message 9 of 66 (11,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here. I leveled up mostly in the mobile app, but when my first team didn't pop I tried finishing up the leveling on two other teams. So I have 3 teams at level 20 and none popped the achievement!

Message 10 of 66 (10,975 Views)