Too long loading screens

by 53822_zakzerak

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Too long loading screens

★★★ Newbie

When I start the game it takes 7 minutes to start. When I search for a game and have found it, it usually takes a long time until I join, but after I have chosen my ship and should start the game, I get kicked out of the current game. Sometimes I am able to start the round but unfortunately this happens very rarely, which is why I am now asking for help. I have already cleared my cache and checked the game for errors. I also turned off my antivirus and checked my internet (which should be more than enough). So my problem is that the loading times take too long.

Message 1 of 11 (1,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Too long loading screens

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Since the last patch, it seems to be running fine, thank you Standard smile

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (881 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. The game takes anywhere from 3-8 minutes to load to the main screen, then when I try to join a match, it takes even longer. I don't know what the maximum time it took to join a match is, because after about 10 minutes of waiting, I shut the game down and played something else. Currently, this happens every single time I try to play the game, except for this morning, somehow I got in and was able to play 3 back-to-back matches, but just now it's back to not letting me play.

Really sucks to pay $40 to spend 10-20 minutes looking at loading screens and still not be able to play.

Message 2 of 11 (960 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @terminalshutdown  @53822_zakzerak  do you have the game on SSD or HDD? 

If on HDD how old is it? 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 11 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

I have an SSD.

I recently noticed that it seems that it may "trigger" the game's screen to change when I alt+tab screens. I'm going to check a few more times to see if it's just coincidence before saying for sure, I'll post again when see that pattern confirmed. (or not.)

Message 4 of 11 (897 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Hey there! Also having issues with this. Loading times at launch and in single-player are in excess of 5 minutes on an SSD. The last software change I made was updating GPU drivers to NVIDIA 457.30. Let me know if there's any info I can provide to help get a fix going. Thanks!
Message 5 of 11 (890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic It is on SSD I tried now for weeks and it is still not working.

Message 6 of 11 (828 Views)

★★ Guide

Are you all playing over wifi? I've noticed if the network is slow or the connection is poor the 'connecting to EA Servers' can take forever. 

Message 7 of 11 (807 Views)

EA DICE Team

Are you playing with DirektX 12 or 11? @53822_zakzerak @terminalshutdown @Seroteru

I know in past games DX12 can make loading times slower thanks to needing to load all shades. 

/Atic

Message 8 of 11 (782 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I assume I'm on DX12 as it's supported by my GPU. Haven't had any issues with long loading times since Update 3.0, however. Thanks!
Message 9 of 11 (768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I wasn't aware Star Wars Suqdrons supported DirectX 12. I was under the impression the game was DirectX 11 only. How do you enable DX12?

For whatever reason, this game has incredibly long loading screens, even when it's installed on a fast M.2 NVMe SSD.

Message 10 of 11 (761 Views)