Re: Too high CPU Temp while playing Apex

by Konform103

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Too high CPU Temp while playing Apex

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi. 

Recently started playing apex and noticed that temperatures while playing it are way too high.
Few infos about my pc:
-fresh new bought 3 months ago so its pretty clean.
-i7 8700 (non-k)
-gtx1060 6gb  (drivers up to date)
-16gb ram
-windows 10

I literally launched it on lowest possible settings, (also tried playing on medium and high and temperatures doesnt rly change) I have no lags/fps drops anything but it makes the pc really suffer with temperatures, this is the only game i get such huge temperatures on CPU. GPU reaches 61C max, CPU temperatures are mostly 80C, with 80-90 % usage, and it kinda scares me to play in these temperatures.

im grateful for any kind of help, please let me know if u need any more infos.

Message 1 of 12 (40,907 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@N1MRA1 

A max temperatures in the high 70C range is not a worry.

Your GPU/CPU have high temp protection features to prevent damage but ~76C is not an issue other than possibly causing some fan noise.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (40,735 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
I dont think thats really a problem.. If your temperature gets unacceptable the cpu/gpu will intervene and shutdown in safety.. If you want cooler temperatures you need to buy better cooling/thermal paste or game with lower resolution
Message 2 of 12 (40,886 Views)

★ Guide

See if you can manually adjust your case fans.

On one pc I use a program called "Fan Speed" and crank the fans up really high while gaming, I use a headset so sound isnt an issue.

By default windows wants to run your fans super low and will just throttle your CPU at 82C, so it shouldnt go any higher then 82C, but u losing performance.

Speaking of which, please tell me your frame rate you play at, and how deep do the fps drops go?

I have a GTX 1070 and have to lock around 72-80 FPS or I get big frame drops regularly.

my CPU is I7 4790(non-k)

Message 3 of 12 (40,876 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The thing is my fps are around 110-150, i DO NOT have any lag spikes or any other frame drops, game is really smooth its just the big temperature that doesnt let me game in peace since i am too scared that it will harm the pc in any way.

Message 4 of 12 (40,862 Views)

★ Pro
I used Coolermaster MasterGel pro a few months back and it decreased CPU temperature by over 10 degrees.. Its a bit of work but any new CPU or new PC will rarely come with decent thermal paste.. When you purchase you need to watch thermal conductivity.. Anything above 5W/mK will be better than what is supplied when you buy cpu/pc
Message 5 of 12 (40,854 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I will take a look at that and consider getting some solid cooler, however do you think that those temperatures can even exist? i mean the game isnt really having this big of hardware requirements and these high temperatures appear only in this game so im rly not sure if there is some optimization problem or idk

Message 6 of 12 (40,833 Views)

★ Guide

What speed does your CPU fan run at that temp?

If u concerned about temp turn it up my doggy!!

I doubt it is running full speed even at 80C, we gamers not working in an office and need to keep it down, crank that sucker up!!

Even 70% fan speed I bet would be a great balance of noise and temp, might as well try it no?

Message 7 of 12 (40,796 Views)

★ Guide
This games runs my CPU at about 68Watts, any other game i have ran the CPU never went above about 50W!!!

This game smashes your resourses and loads all cores to max constantly.
Message 8 of 12 (40,795 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah i will try to make fans go a bit faster when playing this game and if that doesnt work maybe ill buy some additional cooler, thank you papi 

Message 9 of 12 (40,744 Views)

Community Manager

@N1MRA1 

A max temperatures in the high 70C range is not a worry.

Your GPU/CPU have high temp protection features to prevent damage but ~76C is not an issue other than possibly causing some fan noise.

barry.png
Message 10 of 12 (40,736 Views)