Re: Too Many Sims?!

by SalixCat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Too Many Sims?!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Whenever one of my couples tries to have a baby, it says there are too many Sims in my household. Um... what?! I never have more than 4 or 5 in my home at a time, so how is that too many?

Yesterday, the message popped up again and told me I had to move someone out, so I did. I selected my retired Sim. BIG MISTAKE! Not only did it remove her from her home, but it removed her from the family portrait as well. It's like she never existed! I cleared my cache and that did nothing. No way am I going to uninstall and reinstall after so many people lost their saved game. What else can I do?!

Playing on an android. Sorry I don't remember what other info I'm supposed to include.

Message 1 of 6 (2,778 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Maria82 

Retired Sims can temporarily be in the current generation.

If you remove them from the household, they will be removed from the current generation and placed in a previous generation as they have been part of the active household. You will no longer be able to interact with them but you should be able to see them as part of a previous generation. 

Can you please tap on the family portrait and then on the arrow at the upper left corner of your screen? This will take you to the previous generation. Is your retired Sim there? If not, can you see if she has been placed in another of the previous generations?

A household is full when all the playable Sim slots are in use and you have eight NPCs (non-playable characters).

NPCs can be babies, toddlers, children, young adults, NPCs who used to work at town and are now married to playable Sims, and playable Sims that have retired.

Here is an example of a full household with four playable Sims and eight NPCs.

How many NPCs do you have? Please post a screenshot of your family portrait.

Full household 150519.jpg

Babies are NPCs. When your Sims are going to have a baby and you already have eight NPCs, the game will ask you to permanently remove one of them in order to make room for the new baby. Any of the eight NPCs in the current household can be selected and permanently removed.

Is this what you see in your game?

FullHouseholdBaby150519.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,764 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Maria82 

Retired Sims can temporarily be in the current generation.

If you remove them from the household, they will be removed from the current generation and placed in a previous generation as they have been part of the active household. You will no longer be able to interact with them but you should be able to see them as part of a previous generation. 

Can you please tap on the family portrait and then on the arrow at the upper left corner of your screen? This will take you to the previous generation. Is your retired Sim there? If not, can you see if she has been placed in another of the previous generations?

A household is full when all the playable Sim slots are in use and you have eight NPCs (non-playable characters).

NPCs can be babies, toddlers, children, young adults, NPCs who used to work at town and are now married to playable Sims, and playable Sims that have retired.

Here is an example of a full household with four playable Sims and eight NPCs.

How many NPCs do you have? Please post a screenshot of your family portrait.

Full household 150519.jpg

Babies are NPCs. When your Sims are going to have a baby and you already have eight NPCs, the game will ask you to permanently remove one of them in order to make room for the new baby. Any of the eight NPCs in the current household can be selected and permanently removed.

Is this what you see in your game?

FullHouseholdBaby150519.jpg

Message 2 of 6 (2,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Oh yup, I found her. She got moved a couple of generations back. That scared me a little. 😆

This is what it shows as my current generation. I didn't realize there were so many in one generation together. And yes, that second picture you posted is the box that popped up to remove a sim. So the next time that pops up, should I just select all of my retired Sims from this photo/generation?

Screenshot_2019-05-16-07-36-24.png

Message 3 of 6 (2,732 Views)

Hero

@Maria82 I'm glad you found her :eahigh_file:

You can decide what to do. If you want, you can wait until the box pops up again and remove one or several of the NPCs from your current generation.

Another option is to choose who to move out directly from the current generation/family portrait. Tap on the Sim you want to remove and then tap on the green button Move out.

MoveOutPortrait.jpg

Just remember there is a difference between these two alternatives regarding what kind of Sims you can remove:

1. You can remove all type of NPCs by using the pop up box (babies, toddlers, children, young adults, NPCs who used to work at town and are now married to playable Sims, and playable Sims that have retired).

2.You can only remove playable Sims that have retired and young adult NPCs from the current generation/family portrait.

Message 4 of 6 (2,708 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thank you. 😊
Message 5 of 6 (2,694 Views)

Hero

@Maria82 you're welcome Standard smile