Re: Titanfall 2 video settings crash

by MADrag0n

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 video settings crash

★ Novice

when ever i try to edit or even click on the video tab under settings for titan fall 2 my game instantly crashes with no error messages ive seen other posts and done what they did but still nothing works nvidia gtx 960m 

Message 1 of 3 (3,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hello @austinreyno. I moved this thread to a more appropriate place in the forum.

Try this steps:

1) Reinstall nVidia driver in this way:
- download DDU, download latest video driver version from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- uninstall current nvidia video driver, restart PC;
- boot ur PC in "Safe mode"
- run DDU with Admin rights and clean PC from nVidia video drivers files, restart PC in normal mode;
- run downloaded drivers with Admin rights and make "Clean Install", restart PC.

2) delete this files:

"C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local\settings.cfg"
"C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local\videoconfig.txt"

3) run Origin and the game with Admin rights.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,301 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @austinreyno. I moved this thread to a more appropriate place in the forum.

Try this steps:

1) Reinstall nVidia driver in this way:
- download DDU, download latest video driver version from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- uninstall current nvidia video driver, restart PC;
- boot ur PC in "Safe mode"
- run DDU with Admin rights and clean PC from nVidia video drivers files, restart PC in normal mode;
- run downloaded drivers with Admin rights and make "Clean Install", restart PC.

2) delete this files:

"C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local\settings.cfg"
"C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local\videoconfig.txt"

3) run Origin and the game with Admin rights.

Message 2 of 3 (3,302 Views)

★★ Novice
I had the same issue and I was able to restore access to settings by changing my Windows 10 global zoom level to 100%. I had recently moved my PC to the living room and had zoom set to 175%. Scratched my head for a night but remembered that custom video settings can mess with many games. Monitor OC comes to mind.
Message 3 of 3 (2,667 Views)