Titanfall 2 Insanely Slow Download

by VapeCyborg

Original Post

Titanfall 2 Insanely Slow Download

★ Novice
So basically I've been downloading and installing Titanfall 2 for the last 48 hours.

My ISP ain't the problem for sure. Not sure if Origin or something else but the download can jumps to 2mbps (maximum speed I get with my internet connection) for 5 to 10 minutes then it goes to 0 and it can be like that for a WHOLE HOUR. I'm looking at my ssd usage and it is completely idle. My speedtest shows me maximal speed at all time so my internet connection isn't dropping, it really seems like the Origin application goes idle because it is not able to do it's job.

So I at 85% now, I'm guessing that in something like 12 hours it'a going to actually finish but does anyone face that problem? Am I going to face that problem again when there's gonna be an update? It's my first game with Origin so I'm not used to this application

My pc is on Windows 8.1 if it can be of any help.
Message 1 of 5 (3,326 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 Insanely Slow Download

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue too. Titanfall 2 downloaded at a normal speed (10 mbps) for the first 22% for about five minutes, then at 23% it started "calculating" for several minutes and then downloading at an insanely slow speed (<50 kbps). It'll occasionally swing up up to 2 mbps for about a couple seconds, then go back to calculating. It's currently at 25% - 3 percent an hour! Here's a screenshot of what's been happening: https://gyazo.com/6780b4ac9cb09daf67b974bfd239b193

I have every application closed except Origin and Firefox.

Message 2 of 5 (3,267 Views)

★ Novice

That's pretty much the problem I faced. Sorry to tell you that but you won't play tonight. No matter how much I tried to reset my router/modem, tried to restart my network card/adapter on my pc, restarted the whole download it will not work. Tried to flush my dns records, assign a new ip address to my computer and a lot more of techy things and it is just completely useless.

Read on a website that the problem is at the root of the netcode of the Origin app. If that is real well we can only wait that EA does something about it (hahahaha....)

Brace yourself, it will eventually finish, until then play something else it's not like you're gonna lag or something :P

Message 3 of 5 (3,254 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Grinch188 

If you are still experiencing download speed issues, you can try to turn on Safe mode downloading option in Origin client  Application settings under the Diagnostics tab.

Archi.png
Message 4 of 5 (3,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’ve been having the same problem the highest it’s went up for me is 2.30MB then drops all the way down. It’s telling me right now i got 23hrs left..FeelsBadMan
Message 5 of 5 (2,082 Views)