Titanfall 2 - Getting an 0x887A0005 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

by NickleTin

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 - Getting an 0x887A0005 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

★★★ Novice

I'll start trying that but I don't think repairing has done anything so far.  Also, just tried playing campaign and I got the same issue when I tried to respawn after dying.

Message 11 of 26 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Novice

I disabled my anti-virus and got four games in a row without crashing.  Resetting my video options to default stopped it for three games the first time I tried it, but 0 the next time. I kinda doubt there's much correlation there but I figured I'd bring it up.  I'm also now getting harassed by Origin about cloud data desyncs or something.  Every time I close the game (read: it crashes), it asks me if I want to upload local data or use online cloud data - I have no idea what prompted this or how to make it go away either.

Message 12 of 26 (1,524 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been getting the exact same problem about new messages regarding cloud desyncs too, and that only started once I added an exclusion to all of my Origin games and Origin itself in my antivirus. Funny enough, I only decided to do that because I had a separate problem where my antivirus was disabling Origin overlay in the Titanfall 2 store. While the antivirus exclusion seems to have worked to fix the overlay, it did nothing to fix my crashes.

Incidentally, do you use avast for your antivirus like I do?

Message 13 of 26 (1,516 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, turns out the solution for the cloud data conflict messages is simply to delete everything in your temp folder, restarting, then running Origin as administrator.

Just type %temp% in your start folder and delete all the contents you can. I recommend completely closing Origin first, and just skipping any files actively being used by other programs.

After you restart, just run Origin as admin, and the cloud data conflict messages should be gone.

Message 14 of 26 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Novice
Nope, I use Trend Micro.
Message 15 of 26 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Novice
Also deleting temp's content did nothing to fix the sync issue. =/
Message 16 of 26 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sorry if this is a repost - webpage bugged out. Do you have the game installed on an external drive maybe? Cause I do, and that's given me random problems in the past with Skyrim and Overwatch that were fixed when I switched to my C: drive.
Message 17 of 26 (1,487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Not quite. In my case, all of my Origin games are installed on my D: Drive.
Message 18 of 26 (1,482 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and the same laptop... HMMMM...

Message 19 of 26 (1,414 Views)

★★ Novice

So if we want to play titanfall without this error we have to repair the game every time Before or After openning titanfall? And after that will it work until we close the game again?

Message 20 of 26 (1,399 Views)