Re: Titanfall 2 - Getting an 0x887A0005 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

by KikoFMC

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Repairing it hasn't given me any results. Over time the problem has lessened a little bit, but it's definitely not fixed. Sometimes I get it every match, other times I can go a few without it crashing. I'm not really sure where to go from here without any fresh information.

Message 21 of 26 (1,310 Views)

★★ Novice
Started happening to me after a factory reset of windows. Almost always after finishing a match in mp or sometimes dying in sp. Repairing the game or underclocking GPU only seem postpone the issue. Unintalled my drivers with DDU and did a second factory reset of windows added a bunch of * into my registry about Tdr and nothing has pernamently fixed the issue. But as I said the repair and underclock seem to have the most success.
Message 22 of 26 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The error appears for me when I have my steam on, cause when I log out of my steam app the error doesn't appear, if you have steam and if you are logged on try to log out and play the game.

Message 23 of 26 (1,218 Views)

★★ Novice
For some reason I just close my steam app on my PC and I don't get the error anymore.
Message 24 of 26 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't have steam installed on my pc and I'm still getting the error.
Message 25 of 26 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Playing in windowed mode seems to stop the crashing, gonna try disabling fullscreen optimizations from the compatibility tab in windows and windowed borderless

EDIT: Disabling fullscreen optimizations doesn't do anything, game still crashes. But Windowed borderless works perfectly.

My friend had a similar issue with fallout 4, where he had to put the game into windowed mode for it to even start, might be a correlation there, gonna look into it when I have more time and if I find anything I'll be sure to post it here. Here's how to put the game into windowed borderless: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/59smcx/titanfall_2_borderless_windowed_mode/

Message 26 of 26 (1,247 Views)