Re: Titanfall 2 - Connection To Server Timed Out

by Nonname123C

Original Post

★ Novice

This started happening to me a couple weeks ago. My internet is perfect. My video card is beyond perfect. My CPU is perfect. Before this started happening, I was getting a constant 144 fps at max settings. Then all of a sudden the "Connection To Server Timed Out" issue started happening. So on top of every game mode matchmaking taking 5 minutes to find a match...I now get timed out of every match I'm in. WTF is going on with the servers? Please fix this, EA/Respawn!

Message 31 of 40 (4,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, is the "connection timed out" problem ever going to be fixed? Can't play multiplayer for more than 5 minutes.
I'm on PS4 and I know it's not my internet connection (300mb fiber optic, not using wifi!)
Message 32 of 40 (4,358 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got this problem, too!

Fortunately i fixed it

For me it was the damn RAM that i have, and the specs requirement needed 8 GB of RAM so i did some digging and some research and i found out i didn't have enough RAM

It does not mean that my connection is completely trash, it was the RAM after all, i only got 4 GB of RAM but i already fixed it using Virtual RAM

After add Virtual RAM to support my actual RAM it finally let me play any maps any modes and it may be permanent but it maybe decrease the performace abit, but who needs lots of performance anyways? Oh, yeah right... Low end pcs

I suggest to buy 2 x 4 GB RAMs though, but, 

Hope it helps!

Also if you have more than 8 GB of RAM, it maybe other thing that causes it

P.S if this solution helps many players They should make it an official solution, too! To help many players to enjoy this game and practice making insane moves since literally every pro pilots didn't just running and wall running, they bloody fly across the map!

Message 33 of 40 (4,334 Views)

★ Novice
Has your issue been resolved? I just started having the same problem a few days ago and I can’t find a solution.
Message 34 of 40 (4,193 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem but when I restarted my router it worked, try that if it still doesn't work go to your router's ip address and reset it from there hopefully it will work

Message 35 of 40 (4,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Playing on ps4. I was on multiplayer during the week mid day no problems. Try any multiplayer mode and cant connect. Look online, only to find this is a common thing during the weekend. Check my network settings; All good, no issues. Reboot my ps4, Got into the lobby of a game at least. Problem solved. Thanks for the tip man!

Message 36 of 40 (3,976 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah, every other game works for me no problem, but I constantly get kicked due to "connection to server timed out". Honestly, this is all server side issues that they either don't know how to fix or won't fix.
Message 37 of 40 (3,793 Views)

★★ Novice

i have 16gb of ram, its still not working. not sure what to do. i think its their part. i have really good wifi too, and good graphics card and a 2tb storage and a 250gb hdd. is it possibly that its not on the hdd? i have it installed on the other one thats not on the hdd. 

Message 38 of 40 (3,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Welcome to 2020. this...lemme fill you in. EA started doing business with Steam again and i bought the game in Jun.2020 via Steam. While playing Multiplayer i get dropped and the error "Connection to server timed out", while my husband who is sitting next to me doesn't have any issues...unless i login on his PC. When i sign in on his PC the error happens. 

And 4 years later, this thread still carries weight...damn it Respawn, how can this be an issue 4 years later ?

Message 39 of 40 (2,666 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 40 of 40 (2,576 Views)