Re: TitanFall 2 Poor Performance/Low FPS GTX 1070 Laptop

by EA_Barry

Original Post

TitanFall 2 Poor Performance/Low FPS GTX 1070 Laptop

★★ Novice

Heya,

As most of us having this problem i did realize that  for whatever reason the game does not work as intended in terms of speed.
I have installed the trial version because i was stroked to buy the game on its own, however i just realized how poorly it works on my "beefy" laptop.
Its Alienware 17 R4 with GTX 1070 which is not the best but still one on top of the line, This game does not work at all. Starting from poor loading times that vary between 40sec-1min
Let alone on the lowest settings i barely get 20fps max, Tried to turn off most of the things that are useless, or the things that could have caused trouble, so far no luck.~
On the other hand my other laptop with GTX980 in it works perfectly fine on ultra settings with +90fps

TL;DR GTX1070 on a laptop gets 20fps max on the lowest settings while other laptop with GTX980 in it works like a charm, No matter what kind of a resolution. Still trying to find a solution.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14 (5,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@YuukiON12

It is likely your GTX 1070 is not even being used if you are seeing that level of performance.

Your machine may be defaulting to your Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your GTX 1070.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2
  6. Select titanfall2.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (5,933 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, Tired it and unfortunately it does not help, However if i just right click on the icon of the game and start it with "Run With Graphic processor" and choose the intel 530 iGPU, The game works actually a bit faster totaling in around 30fps max on the lowest settings. Which begs to differ that there might be a strange software bug  that keeps the game this low.

Message 3 of 14 (5,929 Views)

Community Manager

@YuukiON12

Maybe post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a closer look:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 4 of 14 (5,922 Views)

★★ Novice

There it is.

Message 5 of 14 (5,921 Views)

Community Manager

@YuukiON12

Apart from your video drivers being a little old, I see no problems in there.

Can you try the following as these steps could help:

1. To see your power plans on Windows 10, right-click the battery icon in your system tray and choose “Power Options.”
  2. From here, you can select your preferred power plan. “Balanced” and “Power saver” are the default ones, while “High performance” is hidden under the “Show additional plans” heading at the bottom. Choose High performance.
  3. Retest and post here again with your results.
barry.png
Message 6 of 14 (5,918 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@YuukiON12

Apart from your video drivers being a little old, I see no problems in there.

Can you try the following as these steps could help:

1. To see your power plans on Windows 10, right-click the battery icon in your system tray and choose “Power Options.”
  2. From here, you can select your preferred power plan. “Balanced” and “Power saver” are the default ones, while “High performance” is hidden under the “Show additional plans” heading at the bottom. Choose High performance.
  3. Retest and post here again with your results.

Tested that already, its always set to high performance, i tried on power saving settings as well.On the other hand the Battlefield 1 Works like a charm on this pc,
Thank you for your time.

Message 7 of 14 (5,916 Views)

Community Manager

@YuukiON12

Open your nvidia control panel, under 3D Settings, click on Adjust image settings with preview, then select 'Use my preference emphasising' and move the slider to performance and click the Apply button, re-test and post here again.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 14 (5,906 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@YuukiON12

Open your nvidia control panel, under 3D Settings, click on Adjust image settings with preview, then select 'Use my preference emphasising' and move the slider to performance and click the Apply button, re-test and post here again.

Thanks.

Unfortunately it only resolved in 3-4fps difference, the resolution is set to 1920x1080 on lowest settings windowed, and maximized at the same time, however if i change my resolotion to 1280x720, i get around 30-40fps with drops to 20fps when i look at the water particles on the training map

Message 9 of 14 (5,904 Views)

Community Manager

@YuukiON12

Hmm, running out of things to try here. Run your video driver setup again, this time choose custom/advanced install and then select Clean Install, deselect the optional components Geforce Experience and the 3D items, complete the installation.

Perform a clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

barry.png
Message 10 of 14 (5,887 Views)