Re: Letters bug in Tirailleur

by DrPerk5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tirailleur letter bug

★ Novice

Hi,

I don't know what happened or why, but I found all 17 letters. Can even open and read them all, but as you can tell from the picture the challenge says I'm missing 2 letters.

Tried to do the mission again, but the letters can not be found anymore.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (1,623 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tirailleur letter bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Close the game down, Edit: and go into Origin and find Battlefield V. Click the cog icon and go into game properties. Click 'Cloud Saves' at the top, and untick 'enable cloud saves'. This will stop Origin from auto-syncing your details to the cloud copy. 
Next, open up your My Documents folder. Navigate to 'Battlefield V', then 'Settings' - the full file path is:C:\Users\\Documents\Battlefield V\settingsGrab all of the files in there, there should be 6, and move them to your desktop or somewhere else safe to keep them for later. These files are your user 'profile', which contains all of your settings and certain details regarding the singleplayer.By removing these files you'll force the game to regenerate new copies when you reboot the game. Note that this means you'll temporarily lose all of your settings, and you'll have to replay the 'introduction' mission as well. You ONLY have to find the missing letters, once completed go back to the files you replaced, delete them and replace them with the previous-old-saved files.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (1,590 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Close the game down, Edit: and go into Origin and find Battlefield V. Click the cog icon and go into game properties. Click 'Cloud Saves' at the top, and untick 'enable cloud saves'. This will stop Origin from auto-syncing your details to the cloud copy. Next, open up your My Documents folder. Navigate to 'Battlefield V', then 'Settings' - the full file path is:C:\Users\\Documents\Battlefield V\settingsGrab all of the files in there, there should be 6, and move them to your desktop or somewhere else safe to keep them for later. These files are your user 'profile', which contains all of your settings and certain details regarding the singleplayer.By removing these files you'll force the game to regenerate new copies when you reboot the game. Note that this means you'll temporarily lose all of your settings, and you'll have to replay the 'introduction' mission as well. YOU ONLY NEED to complete the ones you are currently missing. Once you completed the missing challenges or letters go back to the new files, delete them and replace them with the files you saved from earlier. I hope this fixes it for you!

Message 2 of 11 (1,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Close the game down, Edit: and go into Origin and find Battlefield V. Click the cog icon and go into game properties. Click 'Cloud Saves' at the top, and untick 'enable cloud saves'. This will stop Origin from auto-syncing your details to the cloud copy. 
Next, open up your My Documents folder. Navigate to 'Battlefield V', then 'Settings' - the full file path is:C:\Users\\Documents\Battlefield V\settingsGrab all of the files in there, there should be 6, and move them to your desktop or somewhere else safe to keep them for later. These files are your user 'profile', which contains all of your settings and certain details regarding the singleplayer.By removing these files you'll force the game to regenerate new copies when you reboot the game. Note that this means you'll temporarily lose all of your settings, and you'll have to replay the 'introduction' mission as well. You ONLY have to find the missing letters, once completed go back to the files you replaced, delete them and replace them with the previous-old-saved files.

Message 3 of 11 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi Dixon

your solution fixed it for me, thank you very much!

Message 4 of 11 (1,582 Views)

Letters bug in Tirailleur

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Single Player War Story
Which part of the mode? Tirailleur
Please select your region Australia
On which server did this happen? No Server
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 28.12.2018
Summarize your bug 17 letters have been collected separately. Why does the status still get stuck in 16/17? Fix this bug!
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 17 letters have been collected separately.
What happens when the bug occurs? The unique melee weapon cannot be unlocked
What should be happening instead? I do not know. Don't ask me!

17 letters have been collected separately. Why does the status still get stuck in 16/17? Fix this bug!

Message 5 of 11 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, same console. Would love to hear a solution!

Message 6 of 11 (1,461 Views)

★ Novice

I'm on PS4, Same boat, 17/17 done on Act screen,can read em all(17) then above in same screen says 16/17. On Act 3 says I'm missing one,they are not there after playing level again. Can't remove files& all that jazz on PS4. Maybe the 16th update will fix it

Message 7 of 11 (1,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @RobDon526 @DrPerk5,

Try these steps that Atic mentioned in this Post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Last-Tiger-Letter-Glitched-out/td-p/7224877

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie

I think there is a problem with the order. Hope this helps

Message 9 of 11 (1,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel stupid asking this, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the game save files onto a USB. I haven't found any helpful web links either. Could you or someone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Message 10 of 11 (1,377 Views)