Re: Timeouts and disconnections in the past weeks (public Giddy Park)

by Sadlyshesaid

Original Post

Timeouts and disconnections in the past weeks (public Giddy Park)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

In the past maybe two weeks, matchmaking for public Giddy Park often, but not always, results in a server time out, see screenshot. And when I'm in the game, I sometimes get disconnected and brought back to the title screen, see other screenshot (it says I've also lost connection to PSN which is not correct). My internet is stable otherwise and my router has no entries about disconnections in its log. Router, settings, connection method etc. have not changed, so I don't know why this is happening now.

Anyone else having these problems currently? Or is there a solution?

Message 1 of 5 (815 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @blend112

I would recommend trying these steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

You can also try restoring licenses in your PS4 settings, and doing a hard reset on your Console:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/restore-licences-playstation/

Then, fully turn off your Console for 30 - 60 seconds, turn it back on, and launch the game again.

Let us know if this helps with the issue.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★★★ Novice

I'm currently testing with opened port 3659 (https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/). It seems to be better. I never had to open a port for an online game so far.

The regular "The host ended the game session" disconnection in public Giddy Park (especially) and multiplayer matches is not resolved by this though.

Message 3 of 5 (751 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @blend112

When the "Host ended Game Session" comes up, that doesn't have anything to do with your connection.

This happens sporadically, as it happens to me as well sometimes. This happens because there is someone with better internet, hosting the lobby, and as soon as they quit the game, it's handed off to someone else, or you end up in a Private Lobby.

- iluminate

★★★★ Novice

i am having constant disconnection issues with the EA servers. on an Xbox One. especially over the past two weeks. i will be able to play for 10 to 30 minutes then get disconnected from the server and thrown to the main menu. i have done troubleshooting steps on EA Help besides trying to open a port or switch from Moderate to Open NAT Type. i have NEVER had this issue with another game before. and i have played MANY games on this system. all other systems and devices on our home network work fine. including a Nintendo Switch, multiple PCs, iphone, android phone, Google Home hub, Amazon Echo device, iPad, and smart tv. have never had connection issues with these other devices. and have not had connection issues with any games besides the Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 and Battle For Neighborville. its incredibly frustrating. 

Message 5 of 5 (572 Views)